Home General Paddle Craft

Worked my can can off

SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,346 Admiral

It was all that I could do yesterday to catch a Trout and a Red. To start with it was cold, windy, overcast, and extremely low tide on top of a full moon. The sun didn't come out to warm up any of the water and the fish didn't want to come out and play. The last several weeks if you found the mullet in wads the trout and reds would be below them feeding. It was real tough to find the mullet bunched up but when I did the fish were not there or feeding, one of the two. I still had fun messing with the fish and the Red was over slot and the Trout was under.

Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,971 Captain

At least you got out there and gave it a go. Where were you fishing ? Thanks for the report.

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,346 Admiral

Just East of Destin in one of the Bayous. The fish are usually stacked up under the mullet. But not yesterday.

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator

Good for you that you stuck it out and still got a few fish. Beats a day in the office!

Hobie Kayak angler for life!

@jcanracer said:
    Good for you that you stuck it out and still got a few fish. Beats a day in the office!

You said a mouthful there hello. I knew where I left them eating a few weeks ago. So I bit the bullet and made a far trek and caught a few fish. Had several other hits on top water, but they were hit and misses. Still this one point is loaded up with redfish.

• inshore daveinshore dave Posts: 562 Officer

Way to be persistent Spineyman. Great job and nice fish.

2015 Hobie Outback fishing machine.

Thanks, I want you all to know I am having a large time fishing out of my new kayak. It is a hoot! I am also amazed at how much distance you can cover without even realizing it. The peddle kayak was definitely the way to go for me.