Destin/Ft Walton Beach brief report

Gonna try posting some reports here since it seems like people are interested. It got cold as heck here last week! Yesterday some buddies of mine got the yaks out and slayed some really nice flounder in nearby offshore wrecks out of Destin. Considering I had a pretty slow flounder season (other than a 22" guy in fall) i was pretty impressed they got on them like that! I stayed inside warm, guess I am a wuss! We've mainly been bridge fishing the past month or 2 taking advantage of all the bull reds around Shalimar bridge and the dinosaur black drum around Brooks. Live pinfish and crab have been the bait of choice for these. Other than that, the white trout are also being caught by the dozens around Cinco and Shalimar. Pieces of shrimp, fishbites, pretty much anything catches those. Ive also seen some reports of trout being caught around the deeper flats on topwaters and paddletails. That's all I got today, sorry I'm not the best writer in the world but will make an effort to report more often!
If anybody local would like to email me your reports for the week please do and I will add them!

If visiting the area contact me about kayak fishing trips and kayak rentals!
c[email protected]
book your guided kayak fishing trip in Destin, Florida!  [email protected]

Replies

• LMKLMK Posts: 552 Officer
    Thanks for the report!!!
  • limitlesslimitless Posts: 542 Officer
    Good report, thanks! I guess the bridge pattern is it for a while for Reds.
    Support the Snook & Gamefish Foundation
    http://sgf.gamefishcloud.com/

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone
  • cmg76cmg76 Posts: 79 Greenhorn
    i believe they are pushing back into the creeks and rivers but havent seen many reports of them being caught back there. I do think they hang out at the bridges on their migration to feed. No luck at bridge yesterday though.
    book your guided kayak fishing trip in Destin, Florida!  [email protected]
  • Old ForumOld Forum Posts: 214 Deckhand
    Nice report!