Home Off Topic

Colder temps caused by, yep, you guessed it.......

13»

Replies

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    Nope, but thanks for chiming in industry shill. Do some research on America's refinery region. And the effects of burning fossil fuels worldwide.
    This from someone who would be dead in a week of it were not for petroleum.
  • LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    Its a lil cool outside, but thankfully the climate control is working here in the Ponderosa :wink
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,461 Moderator
    mplspug wrote: »
    They aren't mutually exclusive either. I mean everytime we breathe or take a dump we are changing the climate. Just because it's so infinitely minute we can't measure it, doesn't mean we aren't altering it. It's just inconsequential.

I agree but that's just referring to our natural emissions in a non-industrial world. I consider that a part of "Climate Change". "Man Made Climate Change" focuses on our industrial pollution (CFCs, fossil fuels/CO2, etc). Those are the terms that the mainstream media and left wingers (primarily) are doing their best to conflate. We hear it in the news all the time. For example, "Trump doesn't believe in Climate Change". I'd bet my left foot that he absolutely does believe in Climate Change. But, the MSM will run with it knowing that that very statement will be interpreted by many as "Trump doesn't believe in man-made climate change". They are spreading a half-truth.

And they know it...
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,315 Captain
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    mustang190 wrote: »
    This from someone who would be dead in a week of it were not for petroleum.

Hardly. Sure, I use some petro products but I don't HAVE too and they all could be made from other sources of oil. I an drive for another 10 months on biofuel at the least of it.
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,315 Captain
    ......... another new twist on MMGW.

NAACP Says MLK’s Vision Can’t Be Achieved Without Fighting Global Warming

This Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, the NAACP wants man-made global warming to be seen as a civil rights issue, arguing King’s vision of a society free of racial injustice can’t be achieved without addressing warming.

“We see climate change as a civil rights issue,” Jacqueline Patterson, head of the NAACP’s environmental and climate justice program, said in an online radio spot for the Yale Center for Environmental Connection.

Environmental activists have been increasingly framing global warming as a matter of “environmental justice,” since “minority and low-income populations are disproportionately affected by global warming,” Patterson told Yale’s online radio Climate Connections.

Traditionally, such concerns focused on traditional pollutants from factories or vehicles, but the NAACP is expanding it to carbon dioxide, which scientists blame for warming the Earth in recent decades.

The environmental movement has fretted in recent years that it’s not diverse enough, and groups, like 350.org, have tried to draw parallels between global warming and alleged police brutality that sparked riots in Ferguson, Mo., in 2014.

Environmentalists say poor, minority communities are the least able to adapt to rising global average temperature and more frequent and intense extreme weather — despite there being little to no evidence for the extreme weather bit.

The Obama administration used “environmental justice” concerns to promote its Clean Power Plan, which aimed to cut carbon dioxide emissions from existing power plants.

“Carbon pollution standards are an issue of justice,” former EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy told activists in a teleconference call in 2014. “If we want to protect communities of color, we need to protect them from climate change.”

The Trump administration has proposed repealing the Clean Power Plan, largely on the grounds it would cost billions of dollars for little benefit to the global climate.

However, critics say promoting climate policies championed by Democrats will hurt minority communities, not help them. Regulating carbon dioxide could raise energy prices, which disproportionately affects poor families.

A 2014 Pacific Research Institute report found the Clean Power Plan could result in an extra $408 a year in energy costs for African American families in Ohio.

“Households in lower-income African-American neighborhoods would be hardest hit with the cost of electricity equaling 26 percent of household income, or even higher,” according to the study.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/15/naacp-says-mlks-vision-cant-be-achieved-without-fighting-global-warming/
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,197 AG
    Warning Level 2
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,810 Admiral
    I'll go with the National Geographic Society's take. I've been reading them monthly for 63 years and they have been right so far.

1. The world is getting warmer

2. It's because of us

3. We're sure

4. Ice is melting fast

5. Weather is more intense

6. Species are being disrupted

7. We can do something about it

Glaciers are melting, sea levels are rising, cloud forests are dying, and wildlife is scrambling to keep pace. It's becoming clear that humans have caused most of the past century's warming by releasing heat-trapping gases as we power our modern lives. Called greenhouse gases, their levels are higher now than in the last 650,000 years.
    We call the result global warming, but it is causing a set of changes to the Earth's climate, or long-term weather patterns, that varies from place to place. As the Earth spins each day, the new heat swirls with it, picking up moisture over the oceans, rising here, settling there. It's changing the rhythms of climate that all living things have come to rely upon.
    What will we do to slow this warming? How will we cope with the changes we've already set into motion? While we struggle to figure it all out, the face of the Earth as we know it—coasts, forests, farms and snow-capped mountains—hangs in the balance.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/global-warming-overview/
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    :hairraiser

:rotflmao
  • lilwoodylilwoody Posts: 1,120 Officer
    If man is going to destroy the Earth in 200 years of burning fossil fuel then how it took the Siberian Traps 40,000 years and burning 720,000 cubic miles of matter to effect the climate to the end of the Permian Era? For that matter it took 25000 years for the Duccan Traps burning 2/3s that matter and a asteroid strike to end the Juristic Era but we can do it in 200? **** we're good.
    "Those who will trade freedom for security will have neither".
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Suppose to have sleet and snow here late tonight, early Wednesday am. That global warming is pure hell.