Anyone know what tv show they were filming

I was headed out of the pocket Monday morning and was passed by a large Mako cc with quads. There was a guy with a fancy camera and I thought what looked like Johnny Morris the founder of bass pro(Makes sense since they own Mako). I thought it was him but not sure. Anyone know what they were filming?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It works 60% of the time all the time......

Replies

• pk911pk911 Posts: 248 Deckhand
    Maybe George Poveromo
  • BullMarketBullMarket Posts: 184 Deckhand
    I think Poveromo's boat has the triple 300 verados. And has the name on this side "MARC VI" i think? Strong likelihood it could have been Morris. Should have asked if he had any free gift cards!
    Palm Beach Pure Skin Care and Cosmetics PalmBeachPure.com
  • century7century7 Posts: 2,408 Captain
    It could have been george but it was not the marc vi as this boat had a full wrap

• Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,268 Officer
    I believe Johnny Moris is in town. I had also heard there was a new large quad engine Mako, so that makes some sense.
  • Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,268 Officer
    In fact Mattanza's charters just put up a post with a Goliath Grouper in a large kitty pool posed with Johnny Morris and Bill Dance. I bet this is all associated. I know they had gotten some kind of special permit to harvest a live Goliath or 2. Not sure if it is for research or to go live in a Bass Pro aquarium somewhere.
  • butts182butts182 Posts: 164 Deckhand
    The harvested goliaths are going to aquariums
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 776 Officer
    Final Answer....directly from the TC Palm.........
    BULL SHARK BARGE, STUART — Johnny Morris leaned back in the stand-up fishing harness, transferring all his might and weight into the stout rod in his hands. The big game angler, founder and chief executive officer of the Bass Pro Shops outdoor equipment and accessories mega-retailer, knew he was in a tug of war with a true giant of a fish.

On the other end of the line was a Goliath grouper that just wouldn't budge. A few minutes earlier, the grouper, half as large as a classic Volkswagen Bug, had eyed a bridled bonito dangled off a boat on the surface. The bonito looked so tasty, the grouper couldn't resist.

With a few swishes of its rounded tail fin — and for a Goliath grouper of this size, that's about as big as a manatee's — it quickly covered the 40 feet from the ocean floor to its lunch. But after it gulped in the whole bonito, the grouper chose to digest it back on the upside-down steel barge, regardless of what Morris and his friends had planned.
    Very cool to know what I thought I saw was correct.

They were headed into the pocket around 8-9 am so they must have started early got the film they needed quicky.

just an update.

the show aired today on sportsman channel
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,116 AG
    Yep, just watched it yesterday......
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 566 Officer
    What's the name of the show ?
  • pk911pk911 Posts: 248 Deckhand
    Bill Dance Saltwater i believe
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 566 Officer
    Thanks ..Turns out Spectrum doesn't have Sportsman channel anyway