Yamaha 115 HELP!

briankuhlesbriankuhles Posts: 4 Greenhorn
Hello everybody,

I have a 200 aquasport ive spent 6 months working on and i got a 2008 115hp yamaha 4 stroke. And well i have some fuel issues. I replaced the fuel injectors and i filtered all my fuel and took it out the other day it ran fine, but today i took it out and it wouldn't run. So i was thinking that the gas tank vent might be clogged. Would that be the issue that the engine wouldne be running and not getting fuel. seems like its hte problem just, would like some other import from some others on here!

Replies

• waterboywaterboy Posts: 68 Deckhand
    Hello everybody,

I have a 200 aquasport ive spent 6 months working on and i got a 2008 115hp yamaha 4 stroke. And well i have some fuel issues. I replaced the fuel injectors and i filtered all my fuel and took it out the other day it ran fine, but today i took it out and it wouldn't run. So i was thinking that the gas tank vent might be clogged. Would that be the issue that the engine wouldne be running and not getting fuel. seems like its hte problem just, would like some other import from some others on here!

Try running the engine on a portable fuel tank with rec90 fuel, and see what happens. Also you may want to check the primer bulb.
  • Flats_FisherFlats_Fisher Posts: 90 Deckhand
    If it was the vent, the engine should still run for a short time. To eliminate the vent as a possibility try running without the gas cap on.
  • fishawkfishawk Posts: 229 Deckhand
    Anti-siphon valve on the fuel tank sounds like to me.
    Had to replace mine on my 2004 Cape Horn.

Sometimes the engine ran fine.
    Then other times it wouldn't even start.
    Those are the hardest kind of problems to fix(intermittent).

After I replaced the ASV, my engine problems vanished.
    A jerk on one end of the line waiting on a jerk on the other end of the line.