Crystal River Inshore Slam with Dad and Grandpa

Grandpa came down from New York for Christmas got to fish in the mornings of 12/24/17 and 12/27/17. Caught a tonnnn of 11-16" trout on doa gold jigs and lil johns. Tried alot of different lures and places. More trout bit for us in the river but obviously weren't very big. I SUCK AT CATCHING KEEPER TROUT. Next morning went for redfish, fished for 1 hour in the creek before the tide got too low for comfort, I would've loved to stay in there longer with a shallower boat but we caught about a dozen reds with a 19" and a 23" in the box. There was a 2-3ft deep cut running around a oyster bar the mullet stacked up in when it's super shallow so I figured it would hold reds too which it did. I would toss handfuls of shrimp in the hole thinking it would keep a small school there longer without spooking off. Not sure if it worked but I caught a red almost every cast. Doa gold and glow paddle tail worked great in the shallow and a light weight knocker rig and a live shrimp did as well. Wish it wasn't soooo windy and with the right boat I think we could've had a pretty good day. Still fun getting my dad and grandpa on a couple fish.

Go Pro Video
https://youtu.be/LKdhRvQvTT8

Replies

• RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,522 Captain
    :thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 522 Officer
    Great job Justin. Enjoy every moment with Grandpa.
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,424 Officer
    Good deal with your grandfather. Never can do enoughof that. On the rare occasion I remember to take it, I like to throw a few lady fish chunks or shrimp left over from previous trips around to keep redfish in an area. Doesn't seem to matter if they've been frozen. I've convinced myself that it works. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ron153ron153 Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Glad you got to spend time with your dad and grandfather. Always enjoy your videos. Do you still have your aluminum boat with the upper tower?
  • anglerbros 7286anglerbros 7286 Crystal RiverPosts: 609 Officer
    ron153 wrote: »
    Glad you got to spend time with your dad and grandfather. Always enjoy your videos. Do you still have your aluminum boat with the upper tower?

I do but the axle broke and I rarely have any time to think about fixing it or putting money into it.