Home Off Topic

Whats the Real **** price..

Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
Listed price $ 28,900
Special Internet price $ 25, 300
When do they hit Rock Bottom on this negations..
How low can I get them to really go. It's a 15 and the 18's are all over the lots , plus it's year end.
Ford F 150 I'm looking at.
What's the price I should offer the Dealer...I'm confused..
Don't buy many trucks but I need a new one soon. Will it help if I tell them I'm in no hurry...still looking around.
How do you approach this wise men that buy cars often...:cool:
Killin and Grillin :grin

Replies

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,633 Admiral
    Do you need the truck to carry around your Iranian lovers?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • YnotjaxYnotjax Posts: 333 Deckhand
    Wait, walk out, also ask the out the door price. 90% of the dealers will add close to 2k of junk fees. Prep fees and so called regional dealers fee. They will always want you to get the loan from them. If you are living close to a big city call around some in lower population areas will sell for less. Go to a credit union and get a loan quote most most times better than dealer. Only deal on cash out the door.

Good luck, but off lease less than30,000 mi is the best deal.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    How do you approach this wise men that buy cars often...:cool:

Go to an F150 forum and they will tell you where the best deals are.

Here is a new 2017 a my local dealer for 15k off sticker. http://www.akinsford.com/vehicle-details/2017-ford-f-150-xlt-winder-ga-id-21235596
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    You get a number in your head and you convince the seller he has to meet it. Don't tell him what it is until he meets it. You never go into a negotiation that your not willing to walk away from.
    Keep telling the seller how much you like the truck and what a great salesmen he is.
    You'll know when it's over. He will either walk away, or you will leave with the rig.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,691 AG
    Not an easy answer. You can use truecar.com or edmunds or one the other websites to see what others are paying. Some will give you factory invoice price, then you need to know fords incentives being offered for your model. then figure dealer holdback.

Or you can buy the car at a price you like and forget about it. The $25,000 on a $29,000 sticker price is about average. The last time I bought my truck I used Ebay to see the best internet prices and decided from there. My local dealer wouldn't get within $3000 of the best price I found and said the price I got was below what he paid, which was not the truth. I was willing to go an extra $1000 to buy local, but not $3000. I finally bought mine in North Carolina from Steve White Motors.

Check the sites above and then Ebay to see what the truck is selling for then decide.

The advise above is the best, always be willing to walk and don't fall in love with the car or truck. The dealer will always want you to think you have to make the deal now.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    BAM , Cadman , Some good advise.
    I'll be headed thru Gainesville soon on the way to my Camp in Taylor County.
    Stop by your store and get a big Gulp and some Smokes...just payin it forward.
    Do you sell them Flavored Blunts..?
    BAM , Cadman , Some good advise.
    I'll be headed thru Gainesville soon on the way to my Camp in Taylor County.
    Stop by your store and get a big Gulp and some Smokes...just payin it forward.
    Do you sell them Flavored Blunts..?

I have one of the largest selection of blunts you will find in a convenience store. 16 sq ft of flavored blunts (Four four foot shelves). Got the new Lemon Ice from Swisher.

I have any size fountain (44oz largest) for 99c.

Mini Mart Magnate

• LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    I've had solid results using https://www.cargurus.com.
    Enter the VIN and you will get a full spectrum of results.
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,190 Captain
    Not sure if you are financing or not...
    But, my last car (used) from a dealer; I walked in with a cashiers check. I offered 4K below, showed him check. He mumbled.. And I walked out. He called me back the next day.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,263 Captain
    I find what I want then send the wife. They will keep lowering the price just to get rid of her.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    $28,900 has nothing to do with the deal, $25,300 is the price, negotiate from there. When they add the $899 dealer prep and $435 document fee on, excuse yourself to the restroom, tear the sink off the wall and throw it out the showroom window.
  • Florida Ex-patFlorida Ex-pat Posts: 586 Officer
    Ynotjax wrote: »
    Wait, walk out, also ask the out the door price. 90% of the dealers will add close to 2k of junk fees. Prep fees and so called regional dealers fee. They will always want you to get the loan from them. If you are living close to a big city call around some in lower population areas will sell for less. Go to a credit union and get a loan quote most most times better than dealer. Only deal on cash out the door.

Good luck, but off lease less than30,000 mi is the best deal.

Just don't tell them you are buying cash, dealers prefer financing and will give you a better price if they at least think you are financing.
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,315 Captain
    Always shop just before the end of a quarter. Do your due dilagence, walk in listen to their bs, make your offer. If they say no, thanks them for their time, leave your phone number and ask them to call if they change their mind and walk out.

If they are not making their numbers they will call.
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,361 Officer
    Wait until the last day of the month, also I have found the best deals on ford at a dealership in st. Agustine (bozard ford).
  • gmiller0737gmiller0737 Posts: 656 Officer
    Best advise I have is do not go to the dealer until the deal you want is done do all negoiating with the dealer's internet sales manager
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,516 Captain
    Best advise I have is do not go to the dealer until the deal you want is done do all negoiating with the dealer's internet sales manager

I've heard this several times recently. Friend of ours had her son who lives in CA do all the haggling etc for her with a dealer in S/W FL. She got what I consider to be a super price on a new Toyota Camry. She went in with a check and drove out with a new car. EZPZ.
  • Major WaderMajor Wader Posts: 702 Officer
    You can save about 35% off new if you can find a reliable auto broker and are willing to buy 1-2 years old with 20-25,000 miles.

I have done this multiple times, and know a reliable guy if you want to drive to North GA
    Member #4013
    Canton, GA
  • Dealers make much more money on the add ons like extended warranties. They are marked up about 350%.

(wife is controller for a dealership)
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,293 AG
    My next vehicle will be from offleaseonly. Their prices are low and they seem to have decent trucks from time to time.

https://www.offleaseonly.com/used-car/ford-f-150-v8-supercrew-xlt-rwd-1ftew1cf0hfc04476.htm
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
    Read the fine print with Off Lease only.
    Some of the trucks are accident victims..
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,293 AG
    Read the fine print with Off Lease only.
    Some of the trucks are accident victims..

that's why you get an accident report prior to buying.
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • BibBib Posts: 2,357 Captain
    turns out i'm now in need on a new vehicle.
    You can save about 35% off new if you can find a reliable auto broker and are willing to buy 1-2 years old with 20-25,000 miles.

I have done this multiple times, and know a reliable guy if you want to drive to North GA

who's your guy, major?
  • Major WaderMajor Wader Posts: 702 Officer
    David Moseley -

http://www.cherokeeautogroup.com/

Call him next week and tell him what you want. He'll find it, send you pics and a description, and bring it in if you approve. My truck came from Dallas, TX. My wife's came from PA.
    Member #4013
    Canton, GA
  • BibBib Posts: 2,357 Captain
    im sent, thanks again.
    Hey TRT, Did you buy the truck?

Don't tell anyone what you paid, they could have gotten a better price.

Mini Mart Magnate

• PROFINITYPROFINITY Posts: 294 Deckhand
    I tried to buy a new Land Cruiser this week from Stuart Toyota. We agreed on a price and then the paperwork was a different price. After a few emails back and forth stating they will get it done, they still are scumbags and trying to manipulate math. I am now DONE with Stuart Toyota and will never do business with them. Car dealers have the reputation they do for a reason.
    Well...I went to Brandon Ford in Tampa Friday and looked at a bunch.
    Made them an offer $ 2,500 under the window sticker , figured they'd come back with a better price.
    All I got was a Deer in the headlights look so I started walking away to my truck..I'm still walking cause they didn't even try and work on the price. It's That price..and That's it...dang...
  • SeaSpySeaSpy Posts: 410 Deckhand
    So there is much good advise on this subject thus far.
    And now will a actual unit / vehicle salesperson please step forward and chime
    in on this matter!

There has to be at least one member here that spends hours standing and waiting around a the show room floor
    In this state !

Or perhaps you know of a relative friend o friend someone who can lay
    The facts down about the car Biz
    Co mon man.

Reveal yourself. ???

And finally be carefull of used units.
    Think Houston!!
    Me thinks there is some way dealers can clean flood damaged titles
    From car fax by moving them state to state
    Then back to Florida.

Pennsylvania comes to mind.
    Ron Alford Expert Investigations & Surveillance