Home Off Topic

Video editing software, replace YouTube editing...

fishonfishon Posts: 979 Officer
From my daughter, for volleyball skills editing.
I used to use YouTube video editor for my volleyball video but since they removed the editor from their site I haven’t been able to find a cheap (free) video editor that works for clipping a large 1 hour video into smaller 2 second clips of my hitting, serving, etc. Do you have any suggestions for an easy and cheap video editor for sports recruiting?
Thank you
Triton 1870 Bay Sport, 115 merc. 4/stroke,
Fish Shallow saltwater, lakes central Fl. And Lake Oconee Ga.
Live in Lakeland

Replies

• Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 3,469 Captain
    It depends on what computer you have.

I switched to using Apples for my video editing needs and now I wouldn’t go back to PC both for ease of use and quality of the finished product. I use Apple’s free iMovie.

If you have an iPhone, you can also get a bare bones version of iMovie for it. You could put your video on the iPhone via the Lightning wire or an SD card reader. Most newer iphones have the power to edit videos.
  • fishonfishon Posts: 979 Officer
    Thanks, my daughter is good with going apple, me/dad is not as I get to pay for new apple equipment. She has a nice HP, which has been good until you tube took off their free app? Thanks for your thoughts.
    Live in Lakeland
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,820 Admiral
    wouldn't software be cheaper than a new IPhone or Mac?
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 3,469 Captain
    Gardawg wrote: »
    wouldn't software be cheaper than a new IPhone or Mac?

It would be. There’s a good PC program called Power Director for around $100 that is good. I used to use it until updated versions needed more power than my 10 year old PC could provide.
  • fishonfishon Posts: 979 Officer
    I’ll look into Power Director. Thanks
    Live in Lakeland
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,617 AG
    Power Director is the best. All the reviews rank it at the top.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves