Saturday

Good morning all. Headed to the woods on this chilly morning. Have a great day.
Proverbs 13:3

Replies

• SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,334 Captain
    :dog
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 651 Officer
    Morning. Moving slow
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 2,967 Captain
    Good morning.
    Good luck Brad!
    God, save the South!
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 4,310 Captain
    Good afternoon. Foggy leaving sowega this morning. Went away after Omega and sun came out around Dooley county. And of course Dooley popo wearing out that tiny construction zone. Ucf travels well, lots of alumni tags heading to Atlanta for peachbowl.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,867 Captain
    Farmers market at Timberlane was a little better today than I had anticipated!

It's becoming apparent that this "smoking grits" venture that I've started is going to be more complicated than I had anticipated.
    There seems to be no "middle-ground" with the smoked product....some people rave and go on about it being good beyond description, and others, in about equal numbers, just don't seem to care for smoked goods at all. I can tell right now that it's going to take a good bit of experimenting with tree species to find the right one(s) for smoking wood and amount of time to smoke. Glad I've got the "super taster" chef up in Austell to help me figure this out! Need somebody locally, too, and preferably in the restaurant business.
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 1,835 Captain
    Good afternoon.

Cold as heck here ... the high will be 16 degrees.

Tomorrow is forecast to be 12, for a high and -4 for the low.

Monday's high is scheduled to be 10 degrees, with a balmy 0 for the low.

Is it any wonder that Sharks are washing up dead from the cold on Cape Cod?
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 1,867 Captain
    You point something out here that few ever think about----sharks washing up dead on Cape Cod! :hairraiser

Wildlife species---whether its in New England or Florida---will die in rough weather conditions for any number of reasons. Old physical injuries such as a twisted or fractured ankle, leg or whatever....

Then it rains for a couple of days or longer and the animal, weakened from the injury, gets wet totally, then the temperature drops into the 20's as it is going to do here in "Nawth Fladah" in a couple of days, then the animal comes down with double pneumonia (yes, animals too!), and the operator can't get through to 911 for the animal, so it just DIES! Then a couple of coyotes happen to trot close by, size up on the situation, call their pack buddies and everyone enjoys New Years Dinner!

Then Joe Blow, deer hunter, happens to walk up on what's left of "dinner", and guess what---! THE COYOTES ARE KILLING ALL THE DEER!!!

Oh well......People just don't use their God-Given brain/mind to think about life! Want a much better example? Read George Will's article in todays' newspapers about tobacco addiction, and smoking, and state-federal taxing of tobacco, and why the government wants you to smoke and die young and on and on
    Oh well......