Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Johns pass

Any reports from this area? Pin fish or white bait around? I have been landlocked since October but trying to make a run tomorrow and for the most part reports have been slow.

Replies

• Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,262 Moderator
    Our pin fish traps were loaded up yesterday, we keep them just west of the JP marker. Went Gag Hunting and the bite was tough, managed 2 keepers, might of been too deep, not sure. We fished 70-80 and probably moved 12 times. Plenty of shorts and some snaps mixed in, but, overall a quiet day, even the grunt take was crappy.
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,262 Moderator
    How's the boat, all finished up?
  • Mako224Mako224 Posts: 492 Deckhand
    Reel-Lucky wrote: »
    How's the boat, all finished up?

Not quite. I need to update the build. All the glass work is done and first coat of gel/glass bubbles is on for a fairing agent. Once side sanded. will sand the other tonight and call it good for one last grouper trip. next week will be a fairing and sanding party. Still looking for someone to spray the gel-coat for me. Called several places and they tend not to follow back up. I may roll it out or go to HF and get a low cost gun and spray myself.

Thanks for the bait help. I wish I lived closer to put traps out. I figured the normal grass flats are to cold.