Home Off Topic

Merry Christmas

13»

Replies

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,114 AG
    cf58f6bd35ce13a31a78f5418af1e6ba--vintage-christmas-cards-vintage-cards.jpg
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,447 Captain
    Bobber wrote: »

A celebration of the winter solstice is universal across all cultures and religions, as is the universal wish for peace and goodwill to all. In the end though its all about family and celebrating the ties that bind. If you can not find joy in that then I feel sorry for you.

Well said ... thanks.
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,390 Officer
    Merry Christmas to MACD.
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,390 Officer
    Merry Christmas MACD.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Christmas is the day that much of mankind has chosen to honor the birth of Christ. I am not sure why some dwell on how the day ended up when it did instead of using it to cherish Christ.

If non believers choose to celebrate or not that is up to them as long as they leave the rest of us alone and stop *****ing and moaning about it.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,466 AG
    fins4me wrote: »
    Christmas is the day that much of mankind has chosen to honor the birth of Christ. I am not sure why some dwell on how the day ended up when it did instead of using it to cherish Christ.

If non believers choose to celebrate or not that is up to them as long as they leave the rest of us alone and stop *****ing and moaning about it.

I think the only guy "*****ing and moaning" about it is a self proclaimed Christian.

Everyone else said Merry Christmas.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    cadman wrote: »
    I think the only guy "*****ing and moaning" about it is a self proclaimed Christian.

Everyone else said Merry Christmas.

I was directing my comment beyond the forum Jack wagon to the populace in general.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,266 Admiral
    fins4me wrote: »

Majority of Americans do not view Christmas primarily as a religious holiday
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/12/25/majority-of-americans-do-not-view-christmas-primarily-as-a-religious-holiday/?utm_term=.2201bcf99fe5
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,442 Admiral

And that is the problem. We have become a materialistic society, aided and abetted by commercial interests and the media. It is time we got back to values and respect for faith whether you believe in God or not. I am not a fan of many "organized" religions as they too, in many cases, have become a business. I have a belief in God on a personal level and I will leave it at that.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• ncdeadncdead Posts: 545 Officer
    Yep....hope y'all had a great time with the family. I know I did. Was dreading that three hour drive back up to Virginia but once you are there it's all wonderful...seeing my 89 year old momma and my brothers and sisters and all the kids...it's a beautiful thing
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,509 Admiral
    I don't believe in Santa....or the Easter Bunny. I never did. Not that I remember anyway.

So......there's that...
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,822 Captain
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    So MACD isn't a grinch? He has an illness? SAD?

Well it seemed pretty obvious to me that anyone who would come on here and attack "goodwill on earth" like he did................
    is just plain SAD! :wink
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,693 Admiral
    ncdead wrote: »
    Yep....hope y'all had a great time with the family. I know I did. Was dreading that three hour drive back up to Virginia but once you are there it's all wonderful...seeing my 89 year old momma and my brothers and sisters and all the kids...it's a beautiful thing

WTG,my mom just turned 85 the week before Christmas.
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 545 Officer
    I don't believe in Santa....or the Easter Bunny. I never did. Not that I remember anyway.

So......there's that...
    I saw Santa at the mall when I was a kid but had to call shenanigans on his bogus setup...Easter bunny...we shot him one night in December years ago while we were high on lsd cruising around the field in in a Mazda truck with two of us with guns in the back....one with a 22 and the other with a 12 gauge...difficult to hit him with a 22 at two in the morning holding a spotlight with the truck bouncing and him zigging and zagging...**** man, emptied the magazine but the twelve gauge got him...hopping down the bunny trail my *** Pete....got back to the house on the farm....hahaha..funny stuff when you are high on acid shooting rabbits....the girls were back there and said, what the hell are you lunatics doing? Not only can we hear the gun shots that sound like a gang style drive by but we can hear everything y'all are saying from a quarter mile away ....I got him, I got him'....bam, bam, bam....then we left the two or three rabbits(Peter cottontail being one of em) in a five gallon bucket in the back ofthe pickup and damned if the dog didn't jump up there and eat em.... You think I'm making this up? Then there's the late night beaver hunts...you got make your own entertainment down on the farm sometimes. Always a hoot. Just saying.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,118 Admiral
    I can relate to that..change out LSD for Mushrooms and I'm back in the day..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Merry Christmas and more importantly, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

Here's to seeing family and friends and eating well!

From this atheists home to yours, whatever it may be!
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    I celebrate Christmas cause it's one of the few times in the year everybody's civil and happy.
    MACD wrote: »
    your just mad because you don't like my opinion.....grow up little man.

TRT what was that you were saying?

Even a "Merry Christmas" thread can't get by without someone having to start a pi$$ing match. Quite sad.