Home Off Topic

How many of you guys do the cooking on Holidays?

4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,105 Captain
Just wondering, I got my hands full over here.
"I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
For they always bring me tears
I can't forgive the way they rob me
Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine

Replies

• dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,247 Admiral
    I do all the cooking around here for the most part, she does all the baking and canning
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,646 Admiral
    I do a lot of it, but not all. I'm making enchiladas for 15 tonight and ham tomorrow for the same group.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,105 Captain
    Fresh steamed clams and pasta with Caesar salad tonight.
    Venison stew with rice and grilled vegies tomorrow. While smoking a fresh ham and a butt to eat on Monday.
    4 pies to bake along with more cookies. Then the green beans and red potatoes, squash casserole, ABT's and not even thought about breakfast.:willynilly
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,407 Captain
    started last weekend making cheese
    second tray of baklawa done
    will make stuffed grape leaves tomorrow and fridge them
    Monday-cinnamon crumb cake in the am, kibbe starts about 10:30
    along with everything else being put on the stove
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,762 AG
    Breakfast at our house for some friends and neighbors then Christmas dinner at a restaurant.

http://grille66andbar.com/interior.php?sec=2
    Vote for the other candidate
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,861 AG
    Me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,295 AG
    I do

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Granted I wouldn't call warming up ham cooking. The wife makes cheesey potatoes, but I have to mix it which is a PITA.

Captain Todd Approves

• Major WaderMajor Wader Posts: 702 Officer
    I usually do most of it. Took Thanksgiving off this year, but am back on full duty for Christmas
    Member #4013
    Canton, GA
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,230 AG
    Me outside, her inside
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    As one who enjoys cooking I do the majority of the cooking. My wife does not like to cook and therefore is a poor cook and that is being generous. I used to say, "Her cooking cured the dog from begging at the table" .
    Deo Vindice
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,646 Admiral
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    "Her cooking cured the dog from begging at the table" .

:grin
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
    I love cooking too, but it's hard during the week. Also my wife doesn't like onions or tomatoes. Onions I can always substitute green onions or shallots. Apparently those are not oniony. Lolzys

Captain Todd Approves

• Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,505 AG
    Both of us, but, I do more on the holidays.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 6,013 Admiral
    This year at the family XMas lunch lottery I won: octopus salad, shrink cocktail and fresh (home made) pasta with mushrooms.
    Easy job, lucky draw :grin
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    As one who enjoys cooking I do the majority of the cooking. My wife does not like to cook and therefore is a poor cook and that is being generous. I used to say, "Her cooking cured the dog from begging at the table" .
    :rotflmao
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
    This year at the family XMas lunch lottery I won: octopus salad, shrink cocktail and fresh (home made) pasta with mushrooms.
    Easy job, lucky draw :grin
    Shrink cocktail? That brings other things to mind. :grin

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    Now I’m so curious...
    What other things ?
    Now I’m so curious...
    What other things ?
    Here in the states we call a psychologist a "shrink". :grin

Abraham Lincoln
    Oh thanks.
    Well, in this case shrink cocktail actually sounds kinda disgusting :grin
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 545 Officer
    I did the dishes...she's making kielbasa wrapped in bacon...**** good finger food. Also field her phone calls from family since she has bacon grease on her hands.
  • wynnvwynnv Posts: 392 Deckhand
    Tonight I am making baked snapper with crab meat stuffing, bacon wrapped scallops, rice pilaf and a wedge salad. Tomorrow is standing rib roast, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, mushrooms and xmas salad.
  • ncdeadncdead Posts: 545 Officer
    wynnv wrote: »
    Tonight I am making baked snapper with crab meat stuffing, bacon wrapped scallops, rice pilaf and a wedge salad. Tomorrow is standing rib roast, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, mushrooms and xmas salad.

Dang that sounds fantastic
    ncdead wrote: »
    Dang that sounds fantastic
    Except for the Brussel Sprouts LOL

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Abraham Lincoln
  • wynnvwynnv Posts: 392 Deckhand
    Mango Man wrote: »
    Except for the Brussel Sprouts LOL

Have you ever tried them roasted with olive oil ....salt and pepper....garlic and bacon?
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,335 Admiral
    I cook a lot, mostly the outside bbq, grilling and "American" type food. My wife does the Filipino food. Tonight we had Fillet Mignons and Crawfish tails with a salad. Tomorrow, I am frying some pink shrimp, Yellow eye snapper, cracked conch and some pork belly chicharron for good measure. Normally we go to a friends and do a pig for Noche Buena but things happened this year and it didn't work out for all the parties.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

wynnv wrote: »
    Have you ever tried them roasted with olive oil ....salt and pepper....garlic and bacon?
    More ways than you can imagine.

They're vile.

Abraham Lincoln
  • BibBib Posts: 2,357 Captain
    usually go to the folks and kinda split the duties.

this year i'm hanging at home cause i had shoulder surgery last Wednesday. grabbed a ham and some pre-made scalloped potato from costco. need to find a veg to add.
    I love roasted brussel sprouts.

We used to do hello fresh and had recipes calling for roasted broccoli. I never had thought of doing that before, but it is good.

Captain Todd Approves

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,295 AG
    You ever forget to cook something? Twice now I have done that. This year was the rolls.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement.