Home Off Topic

Merry Christmas

BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 6,013 Admiral
Well, here is going to be Christmas in little more than three hours so I have to start with my best wishes to all of you guys (after the dinner I wouldn’t be able to do that, so much wine around :grin).

Hope the best for you and your families :wink
Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
********************************************************************************************************************************
I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
I'm not afraid of Coravirus but I'm scared by the paranoid pandemic army who ask for the sanitary naz**m.
Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Replies

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,679 Admiral
    Merry Christmas.
  • hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,411 Captain
    Same to you
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,354 Admiral
    Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Merry Christmas
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,254 Admiral
    Happy holidays
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,962 Captain
    Christmas is fading into obscurity. Its loosing any social value even if it was an inaccurate historical event.
    Traditions fade into memories as generations pass.

Our human selfish parasitic nature always take precedence over the past.

What does Merry Christmas really mean? Im just asking.
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,453 Captain
    Merry Christmas!
  • nole76nole76 Posts: 804 Officer
    MACD wrote: »
    Christmas is fading into obscurity. Its loosing any social value even if it was an inaccurate historical event.
    Traditions fade into memories as generations pass.

Our human selfish parasitic nature always take precedence over the past.

What does Merry Christmas really mean? Im just asking.

And a Very Merry Christmas to you, Sir!
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,389 AG
    Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Merry Christmas is superficial nonsense. The religious undertones are built on capitalism, nothing to really do with the Christ. A smart well educated Christian would know this based on his love of Christ.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,505 AG
    MACD, maybe you can sit this one out.

Merry Christmas Max, enjoy the Vino. :Glass

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    Mango Man wrote: »
    MACD, maybe you can sit this one out.

I would if i were an atheist or agnostic, but i'm a real Christ guy.
  • BobberBobber Posts: 943 Officer
    Merry Christmas to all!

To me it means all 4 of my kids are under my roof, all together, for the first time in a long time.

A celebration of the winter solstice is universal across all cultures and religions, as is the universal wish for peace and goodwill to all. In the end though its all about family and celebrating the ties that bind. If you can not find joy in that then I feel sorry for you.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,374 Admiral
    Merry Christmas Massimo, and all others on the forum. I wish you all and your loved ones a great holiday and good fortune in the new year.

Scott

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

ferris1248 wrote: »
    ain to you.

Go rain on someone else's parade.

It's not about "raining on someones parade", its about studying the Biblical writings and secular history.

Christmas is not Biblical related. It's a misguided Christian tradition
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    Christmas is about faith. If you do not have it then you do not understand Christmas.

Christian Faith is about the "Kingdom" that the Christ prayed for in the "Lords Prayer" , not some nonsense
    blend of paganism of the Christmas Holiday.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Merry Christmas to each and everyone
    Peace to you
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,505 AG
    Christian Faith is about the "Kingdom" that the Christ prayed for in the "Lords Prayer" , not some nonsense
    blend of paganism of the Christmas Holiday.
    Let it go...**** Grinch.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,100 Admiral
    I'm not Catholic or a Christian..but I celebrate Christmas cause it's one of the few times in the year everybody's civil and happy.
    We could use a Christmas once a month...
    Merry Christmas my Friends !!
    Killin and Grillin :grin
    Mango Man wrote: »
    Let it go...**** Grinch.
    Oh I'm a very giving and caring man year round,. its you pompous *******s that come out and blow your horns
    on Christmas eve.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,374 Admiral
    frank wrote: »
    Merry Christmas to each and everyone
    Peace to you

Thank you, I hope that you had a great Hanukkah as well. Peace be with you also. There are times when we should all put our religions and politics aside and wish each other well.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,777 AG
    Merry Christmas to everyone in the FS realm!
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,822 Captain
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,905 Admin
    Merry Christmas
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
    Griz wrote: »
    Merry Christmas

Yea right............................forum top dog
    gracing us with his plastic generosity.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,504 Admiral
    I'm not Catholic or a Christian..but I celebrate Christmas cause it's one of the few times in the year everybody's civil and happy.
    We could use a Christmas once a month...
    Merry Christmas my Friends !!

I used to think Christmas was a christian holiday. Truth be known, it's actually more of a pagan holiday, it has it's roots from before Christianity.
    It's almost as if someone said: hey....Lets be really nice to each other for a day and see what happens. Humans being Human...if you will.
    Now it's more of a marketing ploy then anything else...that's the way I perceive it anyway.
    In concept...it's good idea. So I hope you knuckleheads can learn to appreciate each others company and comments, and understand that it takes all kinds of personalities to make a good party.
    TRT...if we had Christmas once a month people would get tired of it and see it as a pain in the ****.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday....even you Menzies...I know your watching.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    I used to think Christmas was a christian holiday. Truth be known, it's actually more of a pagan holiday, it has it's roots from before Christianity.

Now I'm a Bible and Jesus Christ guy. ..... But the Christmas holiday is not an original Christian celebration of the 1st century Christians
    recorded in the Biblical writings.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,504 Admiral
    Now I'm a Bible and Jesus Christ guy. ..... But the Christmas holiday is not an original Christian celebration of the 1st century Christians
    recorded in the Biblical writings.

I sure hope you get through that.
    Merry Christmas
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,254 Admiral
    Oh I'm a very giving and caring man year round,. its you pompous *******s that come out and blow your horns
    on Christmas eve.
    I sure hope you get through that.
    Merry Christmas

There is no Biblical reference of a Christmas Holiday.

Fake Christians.