Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Anna Maria Inshore Report 12-23-17

Headed out this afternoon to fish the outgoing tide. After loading up on a few dozen select shrimp from Annies B&T, headed over to bulkhead to net some whitebait. Astonished! Chummed three different locations around bulkhead and couldn't find more than a couple threadfins here and there... Out of frustration and time of day, decided to just use the shrimp. Hit my first spot in the key royale area, skunked. As the sun began to set, we decided to hit a submerged structure that we usually can count on for sheepshead and small mangos. Ended up pulling two black grouper on the shrimp. First was 17" second was 14". Not keepers, but sure was fun as hell fighting those fish on 3000 reels set up for trout and snook. Guess it's that time of year the grouper are moving in. Fished for until sunset in that spot, only to get hung up by bigger grouper (I think). Was really hoping to pull out a keeper..but would not have been easy with the rods we brought. Will probably bring at least one 5000 setup tomorrow.

Heading out early tomorrow in search for white bait. Hopefully can get into some gator trout. Had luck with +20"s this time last year. How's the Tripletail action looking in TB? Has it turned up yet?

If anyone has any suggestions for where baits holding...I promise I'll only take 4 or 5 dozen :rotflmao

Tight Lines,
SS

Replies