Doubled up on TT, plus inshore slam! 12/14, FP inshore report

42 degrees to start the morning at sunrise.

Goal was to hit some flounder spots, but morning tide was already outgoing. Found 0.

As the sun came up, went and sight-fished for tripletail. Caught a few shorts, but did manage a 20" and 22". :cool:

With limit complete, found a ton of sheepshead by the power lines. Picked through some shorts, but did limit out at 15. Small-medium shrimp on 1/8 ounce jighead. Fish fry Saturday before Start Wars with the kids! :grin

Now, its about noon, what next? Checked the crab pots...4 keeper claws!

12:30? Egg-salad sandwich and then ran up to Vero area to a nice deep-water, winter spot among the houses. Proceeded to catch and release (no lie!) 30+ trout, few puppy drums (both red and black), and few snook-lets. All release, and made for the inshore slam! :willynilly

Back at dock by 4:30.

I did not see any pompano skipping :huh, and, miraculously, I did not catch a jack today! :nono

May the Force Be With You this weekend!
Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.

Replies

• Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 991 Officer
    Doc you are the fish whisperer :thumbsup
    funny you posted this Just had dinner with Steve from PYC and your name came up :)
  • SLW UroCaneSLW UroCane Port St. LuciePosts: 403 Deckhand
    Osprey45 wrote: »
    Doc you are the fish whisperer :thumbsup
    funny you posted this Just had dinner with Steve from PYC and your name came up :)

I passed you today, in front of Queens Cove, watching that sailboat get help
    Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    Sweet day. Thanks for sharing.
  • CatalystCatalyst Posts: 201 Deckhand
    Looks like a fun day with some good eats as well. Great report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deputyjrp55deputyjrp55 Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Ok, so the what are the last three fish in the pics Weakfish , Snook and some sort of Sea trout?
  • Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 991 Officer
    I passed you today, in front of Queens Cove, watching that sailboat get help

Next time stop over
  • baccaracbaccarac Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    Are you saying your site fishing or triple tail by just driving around and looking for them. Obviously channel markers and crab buoys and traps are what they normally hold on I guess you're referring to that are you just looking for floaters ??
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,028 Officer
    Nice we ran into a half dozen 5 or 6 pounders on offshore float som. Put up a battle those dinosaurs did.
    Ok, so the what are the last three fish in the pics Weakfish , Snook and some sort of Sea trout?

small seatrout, snook and redfish
    baccarac wrote: »
    Are you saying your site fishing or triple tail by just driving around and looking for them. Obviously channel markers and crab buoys and traps are what they normally hold on I guess you're referring to that are you just looking for floaters ??

yes, site fishing for them by the floats of the the crab trap

http://www.floridasportsman.com/sportfish/tripletail/
    updating the weekend report...

Nice 26" permit out at boils on Saturday, on shrimp
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,028 Officer
    Thanx I was waiting for that report. I can break out the 10 pounds of sand fleas now I caught last summer.
    Well we just got back couldnt find any permit. 200 pound Tarpon on the end of the line was pretty exciting but that only lasted 10 seconds and 4 jumps.
  • Frosty1Frosty1 Posts: 111 Deckhand
    May the Force be with You