Last one before the snow flies, I think

One last Brown before the storm comes in and ski season starts.
Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...

Replies

• mro1mro1 Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    20/21" ???? nice brown what did you fool get her with?

Mike
  • JustKeepSwimmingJustKeepSwimming Posts: 134 Deckhand
    Chunk!
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,817 AG
    Yeah, I'd say 20-21", didn't measure as it was a long fight and I didn't want to add more stress to the fish.
    Using a floating mouse pattern up next to the bank in a deep run. Nice moon helps with those this time of year.
    Very chunky, much fatter than the summer/early fall browns. I think they have gorged on eggs for well over a month now.
    About time to hit the bench and get ready for spring Norlunge season.
    If any of you get out this way don't come without letting me know, I've been guiding here for a while and will hook you up with the right flies and places to put them.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • MontanaMuleMontanaMule Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Nice brown! I tried to get out Friday after some big browns on the Missouri River but the temps were down to 10F with a 15 mph wind....needless to say I wasn't tough enough!
  • StryderStryder Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Solid fish, great finish for the year. I am just getting geared up for some winter stealheading on the niagara river.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky

• Jared DJared D Fernandina Beach Posts: 399 Deckhand
    Very Cool. Nice Brown!
    I have never fished for them, but wasn't aware they were susceptible to a night time bite.
    And on a mouse pattern to boot.
  • td.td. Posts: 4,695 Captain
    Nighttime leeches silhouetted by the moon can be crazy fishing near the surface.
  • mro1mro1 Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    I was trying to post a couple pictures, but can't find the proper commands at imageshack for some reason now.
    one is my version of a Matuka (olive dub body w/gold rib and 4 furnace feathers for the tail and back and one for the hackle.
    The other is for articulated nymphs.

These are my go to flies for big browns.

Mike
    When I figure out whats up with imageshack I post the pics