Home General Fishing

Ingoing or outgoing tide for Surf Fishing?

In general, Is one tide generally better than the other for Surf Fishing. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, I’m still trying to learn the Ocean fishing thing. Thanks all!

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    As long as there is moving water, it probably doesn't matter as long as scent from the bait is being carried along. Outgoing tide will spread it offshore better. Probably one of the easiest fish to fish for. Get your dead bait as far as you can and wait.
    You should have been here yesterday
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    As long as there is moving water, it probably doesn't matter as long as scent from the bait is being carried along. Outgoing tide will spread it offshore better. Probably one of the easiest fish to fish for. Get your dead bait as far as you can and wait.

This^^^^, but.... I'll say for me incoming has produced better.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • greyreefsharkgreyreefshark Posts: 508 Officer
    Thanks guys! 👍
  • petedoggiedogpetedoggiedog Posts: 206 Deckhand
    depends on where you fish and what your target is. try different tides till you gain confidence. aint nothing better than believing you are going to have success with your approach. its hard to have a bad day surf fishing, whether you catch a bunch of fish or just some sun!
  • HookIHookI Posts: 105 Deckhand
    moving water YES ! I fish when I can & have taken many large fish on dead low depending on location
  • JustKeepSwimmingJustKeepSwimming Posts: 256 Deckhand
    3 hours before and 3 hours after high tide is a good general rule of thumb to begin with. But you can certainly can fish at any tide depending on location, weather etc etc