Home Off Topic

Who's boat is this?

Wildcard2950Wildcard2950 Posts: 77 Deckhand
I saw this on another website. Is it Fake or Real?

Replies

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,817 Admiral
    The registration numbers are clearly visible. I'd send the video to the FWC and the Coast Guard.

What an ****.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    If he didn't see him, he didn't see him. Yakker needs lights and a flag.
    You should have been here yesterday
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,132 Admiral

This
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,198 AG
    78289761.jpg
    Warning Level 2
  • LODI QUACKERLODI QUACKER Posts: 149 Deckhand
    Bullchit he dam well heard his horn! Luck dude didn't shoot his but! Because if that was me, my life would have felt threatened!
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    He kinda deserved it with the lime green tights and all.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    tankard wrote: »
    He kinda deserved it with the lime green tights and all.

those are for visibility

lucky he didn't get hit, I wonder if the **** cut his line
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral

if standing up the boat didn't see him, a flag wouldn't have done anything.
  • WelwoodWelwood Posts: 745 Officer
    Gardawg wrote: »
    The registration numbers are clearly visible. I'd send the video to the FWC and the Coast Guard.

What an ****.

and a PRICKKKK.....that was intentional.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,718 AG
    Welwood wrote: »
    and a PREEK.....that was intentional.

It looked intentional, maybe the Kayaker was in or at the edge of the channel and pissed off the boat guy. No excuse to get that close though.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    I saw this on another website. Is it Fake or Real?

It's real, I know him personally. I also posted this video in the No-Motor-Zone sub-forum and someone else posted it in general forum.
    While I agree that he should have a flag and light, I don't think they would have done him any good. It appears as though this boater was neither paying attention to where he was going, nor did he make any effort to veer away once he got close enough to see the kayaker or hear the airhorn.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    As for not seeing him - if that was a piece of dock, or the edge of a container...

He needs to keep a better watch. It was pretty flat calm and absolutely no reason to do that - regardless of what the kayaker was or was not doing. The first rule of seamanship is: avoid a collision. It doesn't matter who has right of way or if the other guy is being a jerk, you must do all you can to avoid a collision.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,361 Officer
    Welwood wrote: »
    and a PRICKKKK.....that was intentional.

I agree.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    It was a bubble blower boat, what do you expect?
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,026 Admiral
    Not really blaming the Kayaker here but if'n I was him I would have had a flag and a light of some sort. That horn is worthless over the noise of twin v6's full throttle.
    Remember the Cuban Baseball player that slammed Gov. Cut jetty's awhile back...and died.
    Watch all the people tomm with cell phones driving around...just sayin..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,613 AG
    Probably had his eyes on the dash looking for birds. He also probably initially looked a long ways away and saw no boats and figured it was clear.

There is no excise for that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Captain Todd Approves

Bullchit he dam well heard his horn! Luck dude didn't shoot his but! Because if that was me, my life would have felt threatened!

How do you know he heard it. I'm not sure. Outboards are loud, may have had the stereo on. Yakker had no flag or visible lights. If you in a yak, it's your job to make yourself visible, especially in open water . ( btw I yak and power boat)
  • Captain JimCaptain Jim Posts: 101 Deckhand
    I've had the same thing happen to me on big boats. In one instance, no one was visible at the helm, helmsman was probably on auto pilot with no lookout. Could have been the same here.
  • I actually know who this is, and the boat is from my area.

It was not nearly as light out as the video suggests. The boater (Not the yaker) has file a complaint with the USCG over lack of lighting on the Kayak and hired a lawyer for defamation of character complaint .

These idiots need to realize that any size ocean vessel in early light cannot see a dark kayak without lights, and in any kind of sea you cannot see them without a large flag similar to what we use on airboats.

I can tell you second hand that the boater did not see the kayak in the conditions that existed and felt if he swerved hard he would have swamped the kayak.

its only a matter of time before it happens off the SE coast!

Oh, He DID NOT hear the horn!

I am betting that the guys here who support the kayak have never run a decent size vessel in the dark in rough seas. You cannot see those dam kayaks in 3-4 foot seas!
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral

Yakker is not required to have a lights (in this situation) and a flag though the boater is required to operate with a proper lookout and operate with due care.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Menzies wrote: »
    As for not seeing him - if that was a piece of dock, or the edge of a container...

He needs to keep a better watch. It was pretty flat calm and absolutely no reason to do that - regardless of what the kayaker was or was not doing. The first rule of seamanship is: avoid a collision. It doesn't matter who has right of way or if the other guy is being a jerk, you must do all you can to avoid a collision.
    THIS
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,291 Captain
    The kayaker saw the powerboat a long way off.

But, he made no move to put down his rod.

He didn't grab his paddle, or engage his motor.

He deliberately sat dead in the water.

He knew he had no light, and no flag.

Maybe next time out he should wear Depends.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    I think both parties are to blame here.....

The boat for not keeping better watch.

The kayak for not having lights or a flag....and relying on an airhorn instead of simply backing up so that boat didn't come so close.

I'm just thankful a bit of spray is all that kayaker got -- this could have been much worse.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Last year we had a navy LCAC(hovercraft) run over a yaker in the pass. Never saw it and kept going out to sea at 50 knots! The yaker went under the skirt and was blown out the back with nothing more than a bloody nose ! Was picked up by some boaters.
  • gandrfabgandrfab Posts: 21,685 AG
    Autopilots are the cats meow on long trips or short ones.

Kicker is you still need to look out and you are responsible for your wake.
    Nick Nikon wrote: »

But, he made no move to put down his rod.

He didn't grab his paddle, or engage his motor.

He deliberately sat dead in the water.

He knew he had no light, and no flag.

Maybe next time out he should wear Depends.

That's how I saw it
    Westwall01 wrote: »
    Yakker is not required to have a lights (in this situation) and a flag though the boater is required to operate with a proper lookout and operate with due care.

Just because it's not required doesn't mean it's not smart or the right thing to do. I hope people don't need the government to make them do common sense practices
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Nick Nikon wrote: »

So it couldn't have been that dark.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • RedactionRedaction Posts: 1,596 Captain

It was not nearly as light out as the video suggests.

I looked at the video again...if it was that dark out, why didn't the boat have its running lights on? Maybe he does and I just can't tell?
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    The boat owner files a CYA law suit for his negligence. Isn't America great.

The captain is responsible for its safe and efficient operation, including: ship's seaworthiness, ship's safety and security conditions, cargo operations, navigation....
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr