Little Jim Kayak Launch

Little Jim in Fort Pierce is a cool spot to Launch your kayak. It was built in 1942 as a guard shack for what is known now as the Navy Seals that trained off the beach near Fort Pierce. It is now a great spot to put in and spend the day paddling. It has a small bait shop and dose have live music, beer bar and serves a great sandwich. If you fish or not it is worth checking out.

Replies

• BasstarBasstar Posts: 513 Officer
    Excellent looking spot Pete. Nicely done. Thanks
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Basstar wrote: »
    Excellent looking spot Pete. Nicely done. Thanks

Thanks for checking it out.
  • troutbomtroutbom Posts: 176 Deckhand
    Pete , your posts are most helpful on line resource anywhere. Thanks.
  • davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Nice video Pete. I enjoy fishing that area. Thanks for posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • Bi0ticBi0tic Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Cool video , especially the drone footage (which one do you use?). You're going to have to show me where all those redfish are to believe it.
    Instagram: Bi0ticOutdoors
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,764 Captain
    Good info. Pete -- Thanks.
    Bi0tic wrote: »
    Cool video , especially the drone footage (which one do you use?). You're going to have to show me where all those redfish are to believe it.

I had a friend with a drone take the drone video. The reds are there.
    troutbom wrote: »
    Pete , your posts are most helpful on line resource anywhere. Thanks.

Thanks, nice to here.
  • FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 687 Officer
    Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017/06/12/win-costa-rica-fishing-adventure/ for more details.
  • skankin pickleskankin pickle Posts: 45 Greenhorn
    been there a couple times and it's a super cool place. small piece of advice for that area. if you paddle north fish as many small cuts as you can find (incoming or outgoing tide). those cuts are like highways for bait fish. i have got some really big trout/snook letting my bait drift through. there are some small cuts south as well (west of **** island) worth trying.
    rise and shine, it's fishing time!
    been there a couple times and it's a super cool place. small piece of advice for that area. if you paddle north fish as many small cuts as you can find (incoming or outgoing tide). those cuts are like highways for bait fish. i have got some really big trout/snook letting my bait drift through. there are some small cuts south as well (west of **** island) worth trying.

Good info.
  • ReelHazardReelHazard Posts: 120 Deckhand
    Thanks for the info and I enjoy/appreciate your posts. I'm in Jupiter and more often than not I fish offshore but love kayak fishing...just recently I went to the power plant and bear point area so it's good to learn about another spot nearby. Looking forward to check off redfish from my list!
    ReelHazard wrote: »
    Thanks for the info and I enjoy/appreciate your posts. I'm in Jupiter and more often than not I fish offshore but love kayak fishing...just recently I went to the power plant and bear point area so it's good to learn about another spot nearby. Looking forward to check off redfish from my list!

It is a good spot to check off a redfish.
  • Dinnertime2001Dinnertime2001 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Dont sleep on the food, really good sandwiches.