Home General Fishing

Buying DOA products in bulk

congoman775congoman775 Posts: 1,395 Officer
Has anyone purchased DOA products in bulk before? I'm trying to get an idea of their pricing structure, thinking DOA Shad CALs and 3" Shrimp. Having a hard time getting a call-back from their office this week.... Any help is appreciated :grin:USA

Replies

• kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,237 Captain
    How big of bulk are we talking here? I normally buy baitbusters 4 dozen at a time and terroeyz about double that... however... like you've experienced, their customer service isn't the best. Because of that I'm done with them.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith - Crooked Rod Charters
  • congoman775congoman775 Posts: 1,395 Officer
    kmagnuss wrote: »
    How big of bulk are we talking here? I normally buy baitbusters 4 dozen at a time and terroeyz about double that... however... like you've experienced, their customer service isn't the best. Because of that I'm done with them.

Was thinking 100-ish
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    It's been a few years, but I have bought that many Baitbusters in the past.

I suspect they're taking time off this week and will get back to you.
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,237 Captain
    Let us know how it works out. Like Mike said they're probably busy around the holidays and all.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith - Crooked Rod Charters
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,032 Captain
    I've been on their guide program for a few years and they're very helpful when you can contact them. They're not a big operation so be a bit patient until they call you back. Some days I expect they're all out fishing.... I normally order their 1/4oz shrimp by the 50 or the 100 and really, really like their Baitbusters - particularly the heavier model....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • SportsFanSportsFan Posts: 155 Deckhand
    Hi and happy Thanksgiving. On those baitbusters and terroeyzs, what are your favs or recommendations? I fish from the boat or kayak in the Palma Sola Bay, and just off Anna Maria, and perhaps I should add Sarasota Bay too.
    Thanks Jules
    image-logo.png
  • Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 99 Deckhand
    I mean I buy in bulk online...I haven't tried calling but have never had an issue. About every three weeks I buy shrimp bait busters and all the spare parts I need.
  • Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 99 Deckhand
    I like to keep it simple and all natural colors. Pearl/black back and silver glitter black back for bait busters. Shallow runners for flats. Deep divers/trolling models for bridges jetties. I'll throw a red/white if I'm fishing a sand bar. Slow is pro👍 Only color I use with terroreyez is the root beer color. Bring spare parts and body bags cause the terror eyez will get jacked up if fishing rocky structure.

I was inland of Ann Marie near pinellas point wasting a few hours for a wedding about a week and a half ago, threw the colors I suggested and tore up the snook and trout. Just find moving water and structure. Slow retrieve and bump is a time or two. You'll hook up. Terroreyez just twitch it so it's dredging the bottom.

Now go catch a fish!
  • SportsFanSportsFan Posts: 155 Deckhand
    Thank you, I will placing an order today or Monday. Hey and just a general thanks too to the Pro-Guides who also share their insights.
    It does make a difference to the casual fisherman like myself.
    Cheers !!
    image-logo.png