Skip to main content
Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Need Fence repair in South Dade

Anyone use a good reliable fence guy in Miami after storm?
Have a small job that needs to be fixed....Thanks!

Replies

• lowe-boylowe-boy Posts: 1,222 Officer
    Please post if you have one.

No one wants to touch small jobs and they are charging $28/linear foot. I'm in PB and have a small wood fence job as well.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,705 Captain
    i have 50 feet down on a wood fence and my neighbor has 300 ft (wood) that needs to be replaced and nobody even returns his calls.
    Giimoozaabi
  • D E E PD E E P Posts: 1,637 Moderator
    DMFence
    David Mesa
    *(305) 992-0140‬
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,491 Captain
    i have 50 feet down on a wood fence and my neighbor has 300 ft (wood) that needs to be replaced and nobody even returns his calls.

I lost my fence in 2004 due to the storms we had. Home Depot was selling the 8 ft. sections for around $45. My wife went and bought a bunch of it and had it delivered. No one to install it... but me.

So. I went to Harbor Freight, bought a framing nailer for about $90. and went to town on it. She didn't buy enough sections and I had to make my own sections. Buy the slats and 2x4s and make your own. It's better than the 8 ft,. sections actually, and cheaper. Not rocket science.

Run a string across the top, measure properly, and set the 4x4's... They can be attached with 4.1/2" Deck Screws.

When it was about 3/4 of the way done, I was visited by my local Code Enforcement person who then cited me for not getting a permit... I was able to eventually get the permit, continue the job, and get it inspected. Been up for 12 years now and still straight as an arrow and sturdier than when it was originally installed.

You with 50 ft. down and your neighbor with 300 ft. down, might be looking at the same situation re: code enforcement. Get a permit if needed and DIY !

Pura Vida!