Highland Park Fish Camp - Deland

My son and I are heading to Lake Woodruff for some speck fishing in two weeks. We had a hard time securing a guide but did manage to secure a boat rental for two days. We did this last year and got skunked. Any suggestions and information would be very helpful to make our weekend a success. Just being on the lake is fun but catching some fish for the fryer would be great. Not looking for spot numbers just some how to advice to put some specks in the boat. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• TlpTlp Posts: 43 Greenhorn
    Easy way is to put out 5 or 6 poles with minners drift in the wind or jig pads and blow downs in the river the water level is really low right now
  • RealSeabeeRealSeabee Posts: 577 Officer
    all the St Johns river is super LOW....haven't heard of them getting torn-up out at Woodruffff yet.
    When Practice meets opportunity, Set-The-Hook!
  • RealSeabeeRealSeabee Posts: 577 Officer
    <--EHS 86'

Tlp wrote: »
    Easy way is to put out 5 or 6 poles with minners drift in the wind or jig pads and blow downs in the river the water level is really low right now
    When Practice meets opportunity, Set-The-Hook!
  • RiffRaffRiffRaff Posts: 42 Greenhorn
    Water actually came up in deland about 8" early last week but has been slowly falling since. You should find plenty of fish in woodruff or dexter. Just look for the flotilla of boats in get in the pack somewhere. I have been catching some really big specs inadvertently in that area, this past week.
  • Buckeye JohnBuckeye John Posts: 62 Greenhorn
    Anybody have any reports of how the Speck fishing has been lately out of there ?
  • Bigslab11Bigslab11 Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    go check out "crappie.com" look in the florida section of the forum and you will find a ton of info and usually a weekly report from a local