Period A applications

H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,606 Captain
Word on the street is only Sta 1 and TM Goodwin will be open for the first phase of regular duck season. If you applied for the other stas you can call and change your application choices before the application period closes, once it closes tough luck.

Check out the Uwf public forum for more info.

Replies

• godvlmangodvlman Posts: 386 Deckhand
    Read no such thing nor received any information on any such report... Did read Sta 1 will be open this weekend... maybe FWC will send out notices if such is true?
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,101 Captain
    I was at the SFWMD Gov. Board meeting yesterday and had a brief conversation...and "thank you" for 1W being open......I believe the STAs will be ok for regular season. No major levee breeches or similar damage that shut down 1W for a year after a storm some years ago occurred. The major problem is the mess made with the cattails (which was not considered bad as they protected the levees) and how there will be access to any open water...Parking Places will be an interesting issue....Obviously, the STAs have to be functioning as designed or there may be a problem with access....We have a WRAC and another Gov. Board meeting in Oct to get an up to date report.
  • H20dadH20dad Posts: 1,606 Captain
    godvlman wrote: »
    Read no such thing nor received any information on any such report... Did read Sta 1 will be open this weekend... maybe FWC will send out notices if such is true?

Baghdad Bob, I mean, John,

This seals it for me. I know Sta 1 is your "home turf" so you are going to try to minimize the number of people applying for your Sta. Thanks for the confirmation. I hope the word gets out and people take the appropriate measures to have a chance to hunt Sta 1 and TM Goodwin.
  • godvlmangodvlman Posts: 386 Deckhand
    H20dad wrote: »
    Baghdad Bob, I mean, John,

This seals it for me. I know Sta 1 is your "home turf" so you are going to try to minimize the number of people applying for your Sta. Thanks for the confirmation. I hope the word gets out and people take the appropriate measures to have a chance to hunt Sta 1 and TM Goodwin.

H20...

Upon reading your post, I contacted FWC's waterfowl hunt coordinator to check the truthfulness of your post...

It was related to myself and later Newton that the information you posted is the furthest from the truth! They have no idea where you got your information from but it is UNTRUE! They actually called it "absolute bologna!!" FWC is currently updating and informing there staff to make sure those who call about this issue .... know the truth, that being come November no changes are expected !! There is no need to try and change any choices due to closures!
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,407 Captain
    I'm going off on a side track but why don't they just do parking in "zones" like other areas and get away from having a specific "stake" you have to park at. Cut STA 1 Sat hunt up into 8 zones for parking and limit the number of people in each. Let people go to where the openings are and avoid all the work of staking out spots. Its not like having a specific spot as has been done in the past has avoided conflicts in the marsh anyway.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    I say drop them from the air from a helicopter into their spots, eliminate the need for parking then all you gotta do is walk out..much simpler
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,197 AG
    What? ....some Bozo posting wrong information on the internet?....say it isn't so! :rotflmao

I can't wait till H2O dad gets Andrew F's s cell #....that should be a hoot & a holla! :rotflmao
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    PS....there is an infinitely greater chance that TMG will have more issues than anywhere...since the USJWMD started putting water ON it on the Friday before opener....as is their right under the 99 year lease agreement ( area is technically called C-54 water storage area).

Some is going east...

DfMp2H0l.jpg

some is being pumped in....to keep down stream flooding to a minimum....

All part of the " We manage water...not ducks" plan...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • woeivwoeiv Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    Word on the street is only Sta 1 and TM Goodwin will be open for the first phase of regular duck season. If you applied for the other stas you can call and change your application choices before the application period closes, once it closes tough luck.

Check out the Uwf public forum for more info.

How'd you do in the draw after intentionally trying to put people off from applying? Pretty bush move if that's what you meant to do.
  • ChillyChilly Posts: 499 Deckhand
    H20**** is a fake news professional.
  • RedneckFshin'RedneckFshin' Posts: 148 Deckhand
    :rotflmao:rotflmao This is great
    Chilly wrote: »
    H20**** is a fake news professional.

Easy now...be careful...If he gets mad enough...He will call the states head of small game and waterfowl and try and get you kept off the property!

Why don't you tell your fans here all about that one H2O dork... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    woeiv wrote: »
    How'd you do in the draw after intentionally trying to put people off from applying? Pretty bush move if that's what you meant to do.

Cleaned up in the sta1 and TM Goodwin permits. Everybody I know got a permit.
    Great, so they will be more jam-packed with kooks than normal.
    Cleaned up in the sta1 and TM Goodwin permits. Everybody I know got a permit.
    Great, so they will be more jam-packed with kooks than normal.

I think they cut or held the level of permits this year.

Define kook. I hunt with rednecks and Yankees.
    It seems to me that the kook that disseminates false info in order to increase his odds of getting drawn for an STA hunt, is the same kook that sets up right on top of me 15 minutes before shooting.
    It seems to me that the kook that disseminates false info in order to increase his odds of getting drawn for an STA hunt, is the same kook that sets up right on top of me 15 minutes before shooting.

I prefer to walk through others decoys right at legal shooting time like all the guys with arm sleeve tattoos and Florida grown stickers on their trucks. Though not as super awesome cool as salt life stickers, one has to start somewhere. When in Rome and all....

So I guess I'm not a kook. Just local.....

How do you know any false information was spread? Did you fly over the stas after the storm. Do you know where there is damage and what the conditions were? Do you have contacts at sfwmd or the fwc? Maybe you do, probably you don't.
    Cast&Blast wrote: »
    Lets hear the tattle tale story, H2O..

You mean the one where duckmanjr and godvlman were working behind the scenes to limit public hunting access through the WPTAG and I did everything possible to thwart those efforts? So in a conversation with Jaime I compared how duckmanjr has unlimited access as a guide to TM Goodwin so he benefited from making sure people got no more chances than one or two permits that the only way to make the system "fair" as duckmanjr kept using to describe blocking the average hunter from maximum access like duckmanjr is blessed with would be to limit people by name to the number of hunts duckmanjr was trying to limit everyone else to. This turned into Jaime and duckmanjr having a private behind the scenes conversation about the private conversation I had with Jaime about the process and duckmanjr always accusing me of what he does. When I was just out to prove to myself and he and Jaime were effectively in "bed together" and the fwc was possibly pushing this agenda via Jaimes influence as much as godvlman and duckmanjr.

That led to me making up the flyers about how they were looking to ban the walkin lottery and prohibit about 50% of the hunter access to the stas.

You can read about some of it here.

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?207688-Waterfowl-Permitting-TAG&highlight=Wptag

Was this the story you were referring to?

As to the life of this thread, let's just say I've learned from the best (duckmanjr) and I am trying my best to employ his methods to keep the stas open to maximal public use. I like to see everyone get a chance to hunt as much as their personal schedules and the federal waterfowl guidelines allow.
    There is so much good stuff in here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...I'm going to savor it all....and milk this... :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,329 Officer
    It must be close to duck season!.....
    Here we go!:fishing
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    cant trust hobbits from what I hear, keep on the pest patrol program eventually they infect the colony...