Home General Paddle Craft

Palma Sola Slam

Fished Palma Sola bay for the first time and caught a snook, trout, and 3 redfish. It definitely qualifies as a place I'd go back to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9dFTRzU_Js

Replies

• davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    Nice video and fish. Thanks for posting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
  • SportsFanSportsFan Posts: 155 Deckhand
    Hi, I was also out there the morning you guys were. I was in the Big Tuna kayak with the trolling motor. I only managed a few catfish although one was a good sized sail cat. I did see what I was sure was a Tarpon rolling by the house docks first thing and plenty of V's from the water where it was fairly shallow. I used cut lady fish on one rod and threw spoons, top waters, bounced a few jig heads on the bottom with the other but nothing, just catfish. I covered quite a bit of area and followed the many bait schools pushing into the bay. Either way it's always nice out there. Enjoyed the video too.
    image-logo.png
  • Fl_Native61Fl_Native61 Posts: 48 Greenhorn
    SportsFan wrote: »
    Hi, I was also out there the morning you guys were. I was in the Big Tuna kayak with the trolling motor. I only managed a few catfish although one was a good sized sail cat. I did see what I was sure was a Tarpon rolling by the house docks first thing and plenty of V's from the water where it was fairly shallow. I used cut lady fish on one rod and threw spoons, top waters, bounced a few jig heads on the bottom with the other but nothing, just catfish. I covered quite a bit of area and followed the many bait schools pushing into the bay. Either way it's always nice out there. Enjoyed the video too.

I remember seeing the motorized kayak. I caught the trout on a live finger mullet under a cork but everything else was on the Riptide Flats Chub and Riptide Sardine.