Home General Fishing

tarpon question

badcastbadcast Posts: 128 Deckhand
Alot of wind coming this week, and maybe some rain. So i will be looking to fish in sebastian river for tarpon. I have only caught 2 tarpon so I have no idea how this wind and maybe rain will affected them. October is here now and so the wind. How do tarpon react to hi winds from the east ,and what about hi pressure from the north. That should be coming soon. When do the tarpon leave the central east coast area.. I have a small boat and need to find area`s to fish to get some cover. Thanks

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,098 AG
    The river fish up here don't care much about wind, but rain often turns them on if you have area where the water is flushing bait.

As for when the fish leave, they typically leave here when the water temp dips below 70 degrees.

Hopefully someone with better knowledge of the east coast fishery will come along and help answer your questions....Mike
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,645 Captain
    Tarponator is spot on with that info. Trick is figuring just where they are on any particular day. Winds make it harder to see them rolling.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,246 AG
    Just toss your fly right in here...

jQtRRuwl.jpg

With yesterday and todays rain...the St Sebastian is going to be a bit dark....
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you