How is Anna Maria looking after Irma?

Hey FS team. I hope everyone is safe and well as Irma makes her way up here to Atlanta.

We are supposed to be vacationing down there this Saturday. Any reports on how Anna Maria is looking?

We would like to bring some supplies down there. What does everyone need? Where could we drop it off?

Thanks everyone.

Adam

Replies

• BaitsnacherBaitsnacher Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    Adam all is good here enjoy your visit.. Go to duffys for a good burger and coulerd greens.
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 733 Officer
    That's a very kind thing to ask but we are fine in manatee county. Some branches came down and I'm sure a few homes have some damage, but we missed a bullet again. Saturday morning it looked like it was going to make landfall here, then it suddenly turned east. My power even came back on at 2pm yesterday. Counting our lucky stars!!
  • AZappiaAZappia Posts: 90 Deckhand
    That's amazing guys.

So relieved for that region. I'm sure the fishing will suffer for a few weeks with all that fresh water draining out of the estuaries.

Is it even worth dragging the boat down to target nearshore species (within 30 miles) or trolling the ditch for grouper?

Thanks

Adam
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 725 Officer
    AZappia wrote: »
    Is it even worth dragging the boat down to target nearshore species

Yes! Fish will eat but their patterns may be a bit different. The weather has been fantastic since the storm.
    Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke - Skini Rennie
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 733 Officer
    Caught 2 nice reds, a small snook and 2 kitty cats today. Water is pretty clean actually. Kind of tea collered. Bait was easy.