Home General Fishing

ID these scums that dragged a shark behind their speeding boat

124»

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,054 AG
    bordeaux wrote: »
    I must admit based on some of the responses on this thread it would certainly explain why I see 8 out of 10 boaters on plane in clearly marked slow speed/minimum wake only areas of the flats in Tampa Bay.

They just don't care

Never too late for a career change.... You get to ride in a boat and wear a sharp looking green and khacki uniform..... and you could write those tickets till your hand got crampy.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 725 Officer
    bordeaux wrote: »
    FWC are there but apparently not looking for speed violations

That's interesting and unsettling. Did you mention it to them?
    Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke - Skini Rennie
    RennieRae wrote: »
    That's interesting and unsettling. Did you mention it to them?

That's a great idea.... but don't sugar coat it....get outraged and red faced and tell them
    1) I pay your salary
    2) I will be calling your boss
    3) I think you need to get to work and start doing some work writing those tickets ...

:rotflmao All great things to say...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,746 AG
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    That's a great idea.... but don't sugar coat it....get outraged and red faced and tell them
    1) I pay your salary
    2) I will be calling your boss
    3) I think you need to get to work and start doing some work writing those tickets ...

:rotflmao All great things to say...
    I say that to them on a regular basis...

Usually over a couple of beers!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • brandonlehrerbrandonlehrer Posts: 55 Deckhand
    p914 wrote: »

Take the porcupine out your guys *** it's not a big deal commercial shark fisherman do it all the time to kill them before bringing in boat
    Hey, was this the guy put to death by lethal injection the other day? :rotflmao
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 685 Officer
    I get it,its disgusting what they did but there's not a day goes by that we don't
    see similar examples that kill our fish.For example,the new guy that sticks a tarpon
    with a gaff,fumbles around to find the camera,looks for the ruler and after being
    out of the water 4-5 minutes tosses the half dead tarpon back.Only to be ripped apart
    by the waiting shark.
    One action that would help is if newspapers and tv would refuse to show pictures
    of fish caught and are are out of the water.Florida Fishing Report are you listening?
  • XafXaf Posts: 1,105 Officer
    snipes27 wrote: »
    Got this from the Save the Tarpon Facebook page:

UPDATED: According to The Anna Maria Islander (8/8/17), Assistant State Attorney Andrew Van Sickle confirms his office is pursuing the case. "The more we dig, it seems like the more crimes — at least fishing violations — we uncover,” he told the newspaper. Van Sickle said a decision to proceed is expected to be made by the Office of State Attorney for the 12th Judicial Circuit in mid-August. The newspaper quoted Van Sickle as saying the investigation is comparable to "pulling a thread" that keeps unraveling. We will keep you posted as this develops.

the rest of the article can be found here:
    https://www.islander.org/2017/08/shark-drag-investigation-uncovers-other-violations/

Any recent info?
  • BinderBinder Posts: 4,003 Captain
    Duck single handedly kept this thread alive. :rotflmao

I wonder how people feel about others that don't ice slurry their catch and just throw their catch on top of each other with a couple bags of ice in the bottom of the cooler?

I'm sure most around here have no clue what point I'm even trying to make. :rotflmao
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 11,746 AG
    Binder wrote: »

I wonder how people feel about others that don't ice slurry their catch and just throw their catch on top of each other with a couple bags of ice in the bottom of the cooler?

I'm sure most around here have no clue what point I'm even trying to make. :rotflmao

fice
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 11,252 AG
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Hey, was this the guy put to death by lethal injection the other day? :rotflmao

Firing squad.

Didn't receive much press b/c of Harvey and Irma.
    Warning Level 2
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,247 Admiral
    SAENole wrote: »
    Firing squad.

Didn't receive much press b/c of Harvey and Irma.

PG3jNF.gif
    Binder wrote: »

It is the right thing to do.... we need to keep important things like this right on the top of the list of important things in out life.... :wink
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled