Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Gadsden County Alligators

It's been a while, been lurking and unfortunately not doing much posting. A 1 year old little boy has been keeping Alicia and I pretty busy to say the least. Showing him the ropes of things we enjoy has been about as good as it gets.

Anyhow, I've got 6 gator tags to fill this year; 2 of which are Gadsden county. I put in for these tags at the rec of a buddy who's familiar with an area that holds a couple good ones. Unfortunately the area encroaches on the Talquin zone and I'm not real confident in what I'm seeing.

Plus side is they only give out 4 tags to Gadsden county each year, 1 per hunt week. Down side is that the public water opportunities for a good gator (10+ ft) aren't great. Harvest statistics support that unfortunate reality. I'll spend some time on the Ockolockonee and Little river, where I know there are some good gators but river hunting is TOUGH.

If anyone has a private pond/lake, or knows of one, that holds gators and is interested in offering access in trade please PM me. In trade I can offer fishing opportunities or even alligator hunting opportunity if your interested in participating. They'll plenty of meat, so consider that a given.

Appreciate any leads and thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!

Replies