Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Stingwray trip 8/20/17 My wife finally got to go fishing with me

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 834 Officer
My wife needed some R&R so what better way than to go fishing. A buddy and his wife joined us on the trip. We slept in a bit and didn't leave dock till about 10:00am. After leaving dock our first stop was to pickup a $20.00 shot of live bait. After about a 30 minute run we made our first drop. We jumped around a bit until we found a little bite. My wife was pretty happy with her first red snapper in the box for 2017. The fish were caught on squid,live cigars and pins. It was another great day on the gulf waters with some special people in my life. We ended up with a nice box of fish, boat on rack cleaned up and enough time for a early dinner date at Sisters by the Sea.

My wife's first red snapper for the box in 2017
IMG_7037_zpsurq8g1ft.jpg

Her second fish for the box
IMG_7047_zps0nwbjb6v.jpg

My friends wife with red snapper
IMG_7046_zpsgsyovkgr.jpg

Another quick photo of a C&R overfished AJ
IMG_7048_zpsbngbdlh3.jpg

Going to do a few more PH gulf trips in the next 12 days then off to East Coast for a little fishing.
Catch em up

Replies

• KlingerKlinger Posts: 2,119 Captain
    Always good to spend time with those special people in our lives!!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 697 Admin
    Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017/06/12/win-costa-rica-fishing-adventure/ for more details.
  • Vtec2gsrVtec2gsr Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Nice Fish! I would love to catch any of those! Where's the big trigger fish?
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 834 Officer
    Vtec2gsr wrote: »
    Nice Fish! I would love to catch any of those! Where's the big trigger fish?

I know that our Hub Cap size C&R trigger fish we caught during our trip pic is out there. The overfished trigger was released healthy and is still swimming in the gulf waters. btw federal triggers are closed until 2018 and state water triggers reopen the following days Sept. 1-4, 9&10, Oct 7,9,14&15.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,210 Officer
    Those are some stud snapper for her first ones of the year! Great "leisurely" day of fishing right there!

Livin' the Dream !
  • addicted2reelinaddicted2reelin Posts: 137 Deckhand
    Sweet...dude you have been killing a lot of big fish this year. Saw the picture of the Trigger Fish it was a monster. Where will you be fishing on the East Coast?
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 834 Officer
    Vtec2
    Thanks for your help on the pontoon vessel this past weekend. Couldn't have done it without your help.

LilO
    We have had a great run on red snapper this season, these two are not the biggest by far. But these two are my favorite as they did put my wife against the gunnel on her first trip and she cried uncle.

addicted
    We are heading to the east side; Saint Augustine for some redfish fishing with my nephew. Will be a great time with some good fishing.

Catch em up