Skip to main content
Home Boating

Bimini Tops (6' or 8') for good coverage of bench seat and cooler seat? Pictures pls

AuwhalerAuwhaler Posts: 31 Deckhand
edited June 3 in Boating #1
For those that have a Bimini Top what size and do you have pictures?

Replies

• TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 572 Officer
    You can get an idea that depending on the angle of the sun, it does cast shade over the cooler seat or the rear seat. The live well is usually in the shade, rear seat depends on the angle. I have no idea of the size, it's what Frank built when I asked for a bimini.

If it extended further back I couldn't use the rod holders on the leaning post but I saw one the other day on the Egret FB page that had rod holders on a wrap around grab bar on the rear deck that looked like a nice set-up.

Btw, the VHF antenna he uses just fits underneath the bimini but you would need store most rods in the gunnels or where I have mine with the top up.

I would imagine a 2011 with a bimini would have its bench seat covered all the time due to the cockpit layout but I don't know if I've ever seen a bimini on one.
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 953 Officer
    TXWahoo wrote: »

You can get an idea that depending on the angle of the sun, it does cast shade over the cooler seat or the rear seat. The live well is usually in the shade, rear seat depends on the angle. I have no idea of the size, it's what Frank built when I asked for a bimini.

If it extended further back I couldn't use the rod holders on the leaning post but I saw one the other day on the Egret FB page that had rod holders on a wrap around grab bar on the rear deck that looked like a nice set-up.

Btw, the VHF antenna he uses just fits underneath the bimini but you would need store most rods in the gunnels or where I have mine with the top up.

I would imagine a 2011 with a bimini would have its bench seat covered all the time due to the cockpit layout but I don't know if I've ever seen a bimini on one.

My rig has two clip flush mounted inserts instead of one. One setting allows the top to fit further forward covering most of the center of the boat from just over the helm. The other is further back and covers most of the rear from just forward of the platform. I have have two sets of attachments clips at the rear depending on the setting I elect. At the front of the boat, only one set is needed and I just lengthen the straps if I choose the rear setting. If the bimini is up, the console rod holders are pretty much out of service if you use 7' rods.
  • UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    I have a large one like the one shown I had on an 189 in Gainesville (Navy with quick release mounts) if interested.
  • SpookSpook Posts: 153 Deckhand
    UFGator86 wrote: »
    I have a large one like the one shown I had on an 189 in Gainesville (Navy with quick release mounts) if interested.

If he does not want it please let me know. Thanks.
  • UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Still available. Spook I sent you a PM.