Lobster season finally!

ChillyChilly Posts: 482 Deckhand
Any one headed out tomorrow out of St Aug? Checked several deep spots last week with promise... Viz and numbers were good so I have high hopes for a handful of bugs tomorrow.

Replies

• latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,990 Captain
    We are in the lower Keys, looking pretty good for hopefully a nice haul. Always exciting and wishing you success out of St. Augustine, never tried it up there.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 3,840 Captain
    I used to get excited about it, not so much anymore but I still do it and usually limit out (12 pp) out of Broward. As I get older it becomes more like a chore. I am going tomorrow though, will skip Thursday and hit it again on opening day of the regular season.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Ron@.38 Special[email protected] Special Posts: 6,815 Admiral
    Copenhagen loaded! or it was this am
  • ChillyChilly Posts: 482 Deckhand
    Viz wasn't great but we managed enough to eat for a couple meals and left quite a few for the next trip
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,990 Captain
    We had a great first day and not so bad second. Slowly recuperating today and have multiple tails for the freezer, yay!
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    I would imagine that you get some big ones off St. Auggy!
  • ChillyChilly Posts: 482 Deckhand
    They can get pretty big. here is a 2 liter bottle for perspective
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,843 Captain
    Chilly wrote: »
    They can get pretty big. here is a 2 liter bottle for perspective

Thanks for the perspective. My longest in the Keys this mini season had heads just over 4 inches and tails nowhere near as large as the 2 liter Coke!
    In fact, in years of diving in the Keys I did catch one 4.5 pounder, but that was only once.