Home General Fishing

BG 3000 spare spool?

nightflynightfly Posts: 504 Officer
Does anyone know where I can buy a spare spool? I'm not to savvy on the interwebs and can't find one.

Replies

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,088 AG
    Jack Hexter will know...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • Yeaaa_ChrisYeaaa_Chris Posts: 562 Officer
    I am not sure about the BG, but I'm willing to bet the spare spool will cost ya half or more of what the reel costs. I've looked in the past and these companies rip you off for spare spools.
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,484 Officer
    There are two used spools for two different BG 3000 models on eBay at the moment.
    Giimoozaabi
  • nightflynightfly Posts: 504 Officer
    There are two used spools for two different BG 3000 models on eBay at the moment.

Is it for the new model? If so could you please send a link. I couldn't find what I needed there
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,050 Moderator
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    Jack Hexter will know...

Which BG, the new BG or the old Black & Gold which was also known as the BG.

Tarpon Fishing Outfitters probably has both in stock or can get them with in a week or so.

email: fishingree[email protected] or call Jennifer 727-9405903
    Which BG, the new BG or the old Black & Gold which was also known as the BG.

Tarpon Fishing Outfitters probably has both in stock or can get them with in a week or so.

email: [email protected] or call Jennifer 727-9405903
    I'm looking for the new one. Thanks I will call in the morning
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,029 Captain
    Post up on how, where, and when you're actually able to get that spare spool if you will. I'm strongly considering a pair of the new BG4000 reels for my anglers - but I always need a spare spool for any reel I place in service... It will help me make a decision as to whether it's Daiwa or Quantum that will be replacing the Stradics on my skiff....

For Jack... the old BG series has different model numbers from the new ones - I have the older BG20, BG30, and repair quite a few BG60 reels as well. The new models are BG2000, BG3000, etc...

... for anyone who's never dealt with them before - the outfit that Jack works for is first rate for reel and rodbuilding parts. I've been dealing with them for years (and just got a new order from Jennifer a week or so ago...).
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    So I got in touch with Jennifer from tarpon fishing outfitters and she is going to order me one. It's only going to cost $35 which I was happy with. Sounds like they can get whatever parts you need.
    Thanks Bob. We try. I'm only part time there in retail, I run the fly department, as well as other general sales and have nothing to do with parts, but we all work together. It's a relatively small shop, but we carry everything one could need, or we can get it.

The new BG's are relatively new and are not breaking, thus we have not ordered many parts for them so many parts are not in stock. I have a friend who lost the dust cover on his 3000 and we have never ordered that part so he too had to wait. This is a common part that is lost on all reels. An easy fix is to put some lock tight or fingernail polish on the threads unless you are constantly changing sides for the handle.
    Got the spool in today from tarpon fishing outfitters it was only $31 after shipping. :)