Chum Days

Well, no fishing today, we ( Larrywit and myself ) were just about out of our chum mix. Gathered up our tools of the trade and lots a leftover shrimp , bucket of pins , squid , and other ingredients of our recipe, headed the the marina. Set up the grinding station and spun the wheel for a couple hrs and mixed up probably a good 15 - 20 mushy gals. Of chum. Now we're ready to rock and roll hopefully Weds. or Thurs. for some snapper action :grin
Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,618 Moderator
    There is no doubt it is the key to a successful fishing trip. Yes it is messy but when you start to set the results you won`t leave home with out it.
    larrywitt
  • oldcrackeroldcracker Posts: 35 Greenhorn
    I cant imagine what my wife would say if I brought home 20 gallons of chum for the freezer.. I hope all the work pays off good for you. I like to buy some inexpensive glitter at walmart to add to my chumming concoctions. It does seem to help.
    USCG Capt. Don Mathews
    www.steelheadschool.com
    29' Hydra-Sport Vector twin 225 Yamaha's
    21' Nitro CC inshore
    Nokomis Fl.
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,107 Officer
    Larry and I split the gold, we fill large metal coffe cans, slap the lids back on stack and freeze. When ready to use, take lid off can, put can in chum bag and over she goes.Larry keeps his at his marina in a locked freezer, and I have 2 large freezers in garage, one food the other strictly for chum , bait, and ice. Fishing without chum is like sex with no happy ending
  • BeastieBeastie Bokeelia, FLPosts: 867 Officer
    There was a guy on here a while back posted a picture of a chum bucket underneath his kitchen garbage disposal.
    Not very good chum..... just garbage in the water
    My cast #32 meat grinder kicked the bucket awhile back. I picked up a large paint -drywall mixer at a garage sale. Heard the work good for grinding chum in 5 gal buckets. Fellow told me to take a small grinder and sharpen up the blade some. Anybody ever heard of grinding chum this way. I think it will work.
    USCG Capt. Don Mathews
    www.steelheadschool.com
    21' Nitro CC inshore
    Nokomis Fl.
    While on the chumming subject, I am looking for a chum churn. Guess they went out of buisness. Does anybody have one laying around that they want to part with.??
    USCG Capt. Don Mathews
    www.steelheadschool.com
    21' Nitro CC inshore
    Nokomis Fl.
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,356 Admiral
    I was out there in 65 off of red fish pass 3 weeks ago. Lot's of big lane snappers. Just using jigs tipped with squid drifting.
    Small assist hooks are the key to catching snapper on heavy jigs
    I was out there in 65 off of red fish pass 3 weeks ago. Lot's of big lane snappers. Just using jigs tipped with squid drifting.
    Small assist hooks are the key to catching snapper on heavy jigs

thanks for the info nuc, good to hear from you too
  • BinderBinder Posts: 3,871 Captain
    I need one of those buckets!!! :rotflmao