Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Replies

• SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    Yeah I'm still kickin lol .. Have had zero time to fish for like the last 5 or 6 months.. Bought a house out in canaveral groves and just been stupid busy.. But thankfully I was able to get out last saturday and today as well for some much needed salt therapy..

Much has changed since the last time I was out.. Gone are the flats full of gin clear water.. It's now bathwater hot murky junk.. The fish really don't seem to mind as both trips we saw great amounts of fish..

Last saturday the fish were plentiful but very picky and hard to get to eat.. We still managed a few..

tXBmSg.png

2YQqcR.png

Today the drum were out in force.. Tailing away in large spread out schools.. It was still tough to get them off whatever they were eating for long enough to hit a gulp..

J3LS2P.png

ZBunKq.png

lnS9rh.png

Continued on to my big red spot and as we pole up to the area we see mullet pods getting hammered.. I tied on a topwater and slung it into the madness and see a big wake behind my plug.. A monster sailcat eats it.. It was starting to look like it was just sailcats eating the mullet.. A few casts later I get another hard hit.. Figured it was another cat as it wasn't fighting much.. To my surprise it was a stout red who put on the turbos once he saw my kayak.. After a quick little tussle he was brought on board for a photo op and prompt release..

v3x1cR.png

miNWGH.jpg

He definitely wanted it..

WyrdVk.png

And judging by how skinny this fish was its no wonder he attempted to digest my topwater..

Felt good to lay into some fish after a long break away from the water
    No clue why the pics are so small.. Photobucket wont let you post links anymore and every time I upload pics to this forum, this is what happens..

Finally figured it out.. That was a serious pain in the *** lol
  • mcsnookmcsnook Posts: 175 Deckhand
    Great job, very nice. My fishing with some hard work north of titusville continues to disappoint, only one red. Great job and hope you continue to find and catch them. Thanks for the report.
  • FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 696 Admin
    Great report, thanks for sharing with the FS forum community!

You will now be entered in our forum giveaway! Keep posting new reports until September 31st for more chances to win the fishing trip of a lifetime with Fishing Nosara in Costa Rica!

Check out http://www.floridasportsman.com/2017/06/12/win-costa-rica-fishing-adventure/ for more details.
    J5QP9K.jpg

There's definitely clean water out there for those willing to search it out.. Full of fish too but I guess I forgot how well they can see you in clear water lol.. Only got two low slot reds but saw loads of slot reds and tarpon as well who were extremely spooky in a foot of gin clear water.. There is actually real grass starting to grow there too in a few spots.. Good sign..
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,071 AG
    Nice work Marc...glad you are still around and getting after them.
    Nice to hear positives on seagrass...water got dirty down here with all the rain so...fingers crossed
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you