Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Red snapper season confusion?

Are we able to keep red snapper on weekends right now in federal water off crystal river on a private recreational fishing boat?

Replies

• lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    Are we able to keep red snapper on weekends right now in federal water off crystal river on a private recreational fishing boat?

Yes. also Monday and Tuesday this week..
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • M4RealM4Real Posts: 131 Deckhand
    What about state waters? Man, they make this **** confusing to the novice skipper.
    M4Real wrote: »
    What about state waters? Man, they make this **** confusing to the novice skipper.

Read slow..
    lbud wrote: »
    Read slow..
    Read slow..

Thanks for clearing that up without any sarcasm. FYI, your graphic is impossible to read. Found it on Google though.
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,741 Captain
    Thanks for clearing that up without any sarcasm. FYI, your graphic is impossible to read. Found it on Google though.

Not taking sides here but the graphics can't be read, a link would have been the answer, but also there should be no confusion as you simply only need to go to the FWC site and read the regulation. I'm not picking on anyone but often people come on here and want to know what the regs say without checking...the regs.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
    Billy wrote: »
    Not taking sides here but the graphics can't be read, a link would have been the answer, but also there should be no confusion as you simply only need to go to the FWC site and read the regulation. I'm not picking on anyone but often people come on here and want to know what the regs say without checking...the regs.

Bill

You're absolutely correct. I was just being lazy I guess.
    You're absolutely correct. I was just being lazy I guess.

Any other website You can post a decent pic which I tried to do twice for the lazies but I guess a site that has to bribe users to post reports can't afford the band width.....
    Any other website You can post a decent pic which I tried to do twice for the lazies but I guess a site that has to bribe users to post reports can't afford the band width.....

No worries man. You sent me looking and that's good enough.

Okay. You understand it is an extremely small captured picture? It's a 134 by 280 pixel picture, the picture is the issue, not this site. This site's picture posting doesn't have anything to do with it. I'm not, again, taking sides but am trying to put things in perspective.

Edit: Trying to be helpful

http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/snappers/

Bill
    Okay. You understand it is an extremely small captured picture? It's a 134 by 280 pixel picture, the picture is the issue, not this site. This site's picture posting doesn't have anything to do with it. I'm not, again, taking sides but am trying to put things in perspective.

Bill
    This says different, I stand by My statement ...
    This says different, I stand by My statement ...

I'm not going to keep arguing with you, Your post shows what's on your PC, what was downloaded, is different. And I had to blow this up to 250% to read it as it's but 17.8kb's. If this site is so lousy in downloading pictures how do you think your latest post was on 6/24 had decent downloaded pictures? Guess the site liked you that day? Carry on, smoke 'em if you got 'em, I'm done on this as all I was doing was trying to help.

Bill
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,998 Captain

Then go to the OTHER sites.
    lighten up lbud, you seem to have a reoccurring attitude.
    Looks like BILLY went out of his way to not step on anyones toes, just explaining things.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
    4WARD wrote: »
    Looks like BILLY went out of his way to not step on anyones toes, just explaining things.

Thanks. I shouldn't have used the pixel issue but instead pointed out the pictures are under 400kb's , they won't be readable on here downloaded as a print, they are simply too small. Most pictures are far larger, capturing a picture from a web site, can end up being too small to read if uploaded to a forum. I wasn't being a jerk and calling anyone out, I'm a computer guy, and I was just trying to be helpful.

Bill
    Thanks. I shouldn't have used the pixel issue but instead pointed out the pictures are under 400kb's , they won't be readable on here downloaded as a print, they are simply too small. Most pictures are far larger, capturing a picture from a web site, can end up being too small to read if uploaded to a forum. I wasn't being a jerk and calling anyone out, I'm a computer guy, and I was just trying to be helpful.

Bill

Ok you're a computer guy ,I glad but I post pics taken with My cell phone to other web sites of printed material and cartoons from the paper and the only time I've ever had this problem is today,, Must be the reward I get for trying to help an *** hole out... How is that for an attitude backwards??? Why do idiots have to team up on Me??? If read slow means I'm a smart *** to you I don't ever need to meet you in person you might die of a heart attack...
    Guys! Really, sorry I asked and didn't do my own research. It's all good. Honestly, I just like getting info from this site. I mean, it's kind of the purpose of the site in general. Right? Y'all have a good weekend! Happy 4th!!!
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 1,998 Captain
    All Good M4Real.
    Happy 4th from us ******** and idiots.
    "I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine
    "sigh"

Go with it as I'm done trying to help. I have way bigger fish to fry than to spar with you over something that means not much to me. Hope you have a nice 4th.

Bill

z
    "sigh"

Go with it as I'm done trying to help. I have way bigger fish to fry than to spar with you over something that means not much to me. Hope you have a nice 4th.

Bill

z

Ditto to You Guys..
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 561 Officer
    4WARD wrote: »

:Agree
  • the blue ghostthe blue ghost Posts: 142 Deckhand
    Well we were able to get our red snapper limit in 45 min 2 days in a row