Stuart Dolphin reports

Heading down to Stuart this weekend. I know there have been posts of phins being caught but not sure the abbreviations of the inlets ...:huh.... Thanks

Replies

• Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 785 Officer
    SLI is St. Lucie Inlet which is the Stuart/Jensen Beach Area. FP is Fort Pierce. No abbreviation for Jupiter that I am aware of. PBI is Palm Beach Inlet. Does this help? Let me know if I missed something.
  • suzukimoto2suzukimoto2 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    SLI is St. Lucie Inlet which is the Stuart/Jensen Beach Area. FP is Fort Pierce. No abbreviation for Jupiter that I am aware of. PBI is Palm Beach Inlet. Does this help? Let me know if I missed something.

Thank you! Helps a lot!!
  • Mahi MastaMahi Masta Posts: 37 Deckhand
    Dolphin bite has been hot lately they are either ~750-850ft or way out in ~1400+ (from what I've heard).

Weed has been surprisingly scattered for this time of year, look for the birds.
  • suzukimoto2suzukimoto2 Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Mahi Masta wrote: »
    Dolphin bite has been hot lately they are either ~750-850ft or way out in ~1400+ (from what I've heard).

Weed has been surprisingly scattered for this time of year, look for the birds.

Thank you! Looking forward to it.
  • webhunterwebhunter Posts: 239 Deckhand
    Def the 750' mark was out today off SLI and bagged 20 well keeps and left more chewing keys get out early and get to the 750 depth plenty of great weed lines and birds out there today....

Bets part was no one else on our back door each time we stopped in a school of fish today weekdays awesome to be out...:-)
  • Uncle_MikeUncle_Mike Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info... going Sunday. What size were you catching?
  • webhunterwebhunter Posts: 239 Deckhand
    smallest was 26" largest 42" from school we threw back many just above 21" they were all hungry hit them early in am when you see birds we got into the school about 730 was there a good hour well lots of fun for the kids.... But def fight the urge to stop shallow before 700' :) :)
  • Uncle_MikeUncle_Mike Posts: 53 Greenhorn
    Thanks!!
  • Rginn1111Rginn1111 Posts: 37 Deckhand
    Ive caught 5 fish over 26lbs last 2 months in 75ft or less, schoolies offshore.