Restored Faith in Tampa Bay

I have been fishing tampa bay waters for quite some time and the biggest snook for me is a 32 inch snook. I have been down south and caught a 39. But this past weekend I restored my faith in the tampa waters that there are big snook around. This girl measured out 38 inches..not all those 20 to 27 inchers that I continually to catch.
2018 shearwater 27

Replies

• cprcpr Posts: 9,297 Admiral
    :thumbsup
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • mcsnookmcsnook Posts: 158 Deckhand
    Nice snook! What kind of boat is that in the pic i'm looking for something like that
  • mcsnookmcsnook Posts: 158 Deckhand
    Lol, I see it now, didn't look close enough, how do you like the shearwater
  • greg123168greg123168 Posts: 272 Deckhand
    mcsnook wrote: »
    Lol, I see it now, didn't look close enough, how do you like the shearwater[/QUOTEIt

its my second one...my first one was a shearwater 23...this one is what they call now the shearwater 27, they hold the resale value and they are good boats.
    2018 shearwater 27
  • DoubleActionDoubleAction Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Very nice snook.
  • FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 687 Officer
    What did she eat?
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 2,863 Captain
    Great picture! Thanks for sharing. Fished Tampa Bay in the late fifties. You would not believe what it was like then.
  • greg123168greg123168 Posts: 272 Deckhand
    FS Shelby wrote: »
    What did she eat?

She ate a green back....and she did not waste time at eating it!!
    2018 shearwater 27
  • skyway andeskyway ande Posts: 3,172 Captain
    Great catch! Cheers!
    God, save the South!