Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

New to Crystal River

Retired Pennsylvanian new to Crystal River. My girlfriend and I have a 15' boat and we're looking for some local knowledge. Fishin' Buddy !

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,317 Moderator
    Welcome aboard ! :USA That little boat will get you around the shallow areas and into plenty of fish.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,794 Captain
    Go slow when not in the channel. Look along the shore edges outside the river and you'll find redfish. When the weather cools, you can drift crystal bay and find sea trout. There are some holes that will hold a variety of fish depending on the season. When drifting, always drag a pinfish under a float. It will eventually pay off in a cobia or really nice sea trout. Welcome to the area and good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MichaelPilonMichaelPilon Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Thanx, guys...
    :fishing
  • ocalaocala Posts: 195 Deckhand
    Your first purchase should be a GPS unit to track where you go. Many oyster bars that eat lower units and props for lunch.
    Just go slow after getting out of the channel. In time you'll have clear track's where you can run fast.
    Also be careful following following other boats while on plane. I did this thinking the boat new where he was going . Wrong! Luckily didn't sustain any damage but it could have been worse.
    In the summer months the tides are higher so those obstructions are deeper and not really a threat. However come winter the tides are much lower and places you ran safely before could now be a hazard.
    Key is to take your time out their and learn it.
    Good luck and catch a bunch.
  • MichaelPilonMichaelPilon Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Great advice you guys.. ! Thanx !