Release well question.

BigTimeBigTime Posts: 611 Officer
Hey guys. Just wondering about this setup. I looked in the bilge and there is only one drain coming from this release well. I am wondering why there would be this setup over the original drain? Is this in place so that if someone wanted to plumb in a recirculating pump they could or is there another reason like this would control the water level? Thanks guys.

Replies

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,348 Officer
    There is one drain for the main well. The plate acts like a overflow chamber and yes you can control the water height from the two open ports via plugs or the main valve outflow. If you want the well full plug them both. Then it will fill up and flow over the holes drilled in the top. The drain is exposed on the bottom to suck dirt & waste to keep the well fresh with clean water with no dead spots or build up. If you have shrimp or crabs open the lower one and you can control the height of the water etc. Hope this helps.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 611 Officer
    FlatsBoy wrote: »
    There is one drain for the main well. The plate acts like a overflow chamber and yes you can control the water height from the two open ports via plugs or the main valve outflow. If you want the well full plug them both. Then it will fill up and flow over the holes drilled in the top. The drain is exposed on the bottom to suck dirt & waste to keep the well fresh with clean water with no dead spots or build up. If you have shrimp or crabs open the lower one and you can control the height of the water etc. Hope this helps.

That makes sense. As you can see I have one strainer and no plugs. Essentially what I need is to purchase two plugs. That way I can plug them both for the full well or plug one and use the strainer. Would there be a situation where one would use a strainer in both?

• FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,348 Officer
    I would put strainers on both. Small baits can get thru. I would call Frank at the factory. He has the exact plugs & screens needed. The plugs are hard to find the right size.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 611 Officer
    I have been trying for a couple days now. That is why I figured I would just ask here. Misty states that she doesn't know what parts I need and that I would need to talk with Frank. She said that he was going to call back but never heard back from him. I called them today and he stated that I would need to call back on Wednesday as Misty was not in and he couldn't give prices to me as he didn't know what they were. The problem is I need to send them a check first as they do not take credit card apparently and in order to send them a check I need to know the amount. I guess it will be off to the local hardware store...

:crossed