Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

End of july

Family and friends loading up to try our hand at scalloping the end of July. My son wants to fish while we are there too. I am from northeast Florida and know the fishery around here pretty well but know zero about the gulf. Any help would be greatly appreciated, what is bitting offshore within 25 miles or so. Don't need anyone's honey hole or anything but any spots to bend a rod would be awesome. You can email me at [email protected] or message me. I am also willing to trade some numbers for people that fish northeast Florida. Thanks and tight lines.

Replies

• mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,536 Captain
    Hi: which part of the Gulf are you heading towards?
  • fishfinder22fishfinder22 Posts: 64 Deckhand
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,612 Captain
    Sea **** Marina website is good. Check with them when you get there and they can point you in the right direction. Lots to do.
  • ReefRocketReefRocket Jacksonville BeachPosts: 987 Officer
    Sea **** kids will point to top spot map. West Marine has one if you look hard. Scallops are harvested in 2 to 5 ft of water. Last week best spots were to the south a few miles. Just look for the pack! Remember your dive flag and when you are around the 1000 other boats, drive at idle speeds only please.

Good luck.

I was a newbie and we limited out on all 3 days.

Public boat ramp at Steinhatchee on Saturday is really crazy nuts. Get there at 630 or plan around it. I saw trucks backed up way back, around the corner on Sat waiting to put the boat in the water.
    Bobby Riggins, 904-626-8407,
    REALTOR® AT EXIT REAL ESTATE GALLERY
    www.fl4sell.com