Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

New to this forum, but long time fisherman mostly in cedar key. Have viewed this site for awhile and finally decided to join. will be nice to get to know some of my fellow big bend anglers. My reason behind joining this site is to share some of my knowledge of cedar key while learning some stuff along the way. Just getting a handle on how all of this works but would love to meet some cedar key folks on here to just catch up and swap reports. I also have been getting the itch to explore some new territory in particular crystal river area. I will get a better handle on uploading pics and try to send my first report in soon. Till then tight lines.

Replies

• AZ2FLAZ2FL Posts: 73 Greenhorn
    Welcome to the forum ..... I fish CK, Suwannee, Shired, Wac and HSB.
    Sorry can't help you with CR area.
    I'm always looking for someone to fish with and exchange fishing info.
  • kingkong954kingkong954 Posts: 666 Officer
    Be sure to check out the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club -- http://GOFC.US (we have just as many inshore anglers as offshore). It's a great group!
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 968 Officer
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,321 Moderator
    Welcome aboard Waterbound325 !! :USA Pic loading isn't hard once you do it some.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Welcome aboard......
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Waterbound325Waterbound325 Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Thanks guys. I as well am always looking to get together with folks that love to fish. All my friends kind of enjoy getting on the water, but lack that passion for fishing and I am wide open to getting to know guys to go fishing with. I am a Carolina skiff guy as they seem to be one of the more versatile boats for our area. I am currently running a CS 21 DLV with a 115 h.p Suzuki. We just bought this boat after running the 198 v series for several years. Only problem is like I said it's hard to find folks to go with that actually are willing to participate in all facets of fishing. Everyone loves catching fish, but more recently I feel like a guide rather than fishing partner with my friends. In other words I find my self rigging the night before and setting up boat, then driving it over filling up the tank, buying the bait, fish for a bit then coming home and more times than not cleaning the boat myself. Wife is about my most reliable partner but being almost 7 months pregnant, she can't get out unless we mainly can just puts around on a very calm day. So pm me anytime to chat and potentially look to link up either as a dual boat gig, or swap trips.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    Thanks guys. I as well am always looking to get together with folks that love to fish. All my friends kind of enjoy getting on the water, but lack that passion for fishing and I am wide open to getting to know guys to go fishing with. I am a Carolina skiff guy as they seem to be one of the more versatile boats for our area. I am currently running a CS 21 DLV with a 115 h.p Suzuki. We just bought this boat after running the 198 v series for several years. Only problem is like I said it's hard to find folks to go with that actually are willing to participate in all facets of fishing. Everyone loves catching fish, but more recently I feel like a guide rather than fishing partner with my friends. In other words I find my self rigging the night before and setting up boat, then driving it over filling up the tank, buying the bait, fish for a bit then coming home and more times than not cleaning the boat myself. Wife is about my most reliable partner but being almost 7 months pregnant, she can't get out unless we mainly can just puts around on a very calm day. So pm me anytime to chat and potentially look to link up either as a dual boat gig, or swap trips.

Yea, you most definitely need some new fishing buddies. I don't live in your area anymore, but used to. You will certainly meet some good folks on this forum, but you'll probably make them faster at gofc meetings. Welcome and good luck
    You should have been here yesterday
  • AZ2FLAZ2FL Posts: 73 Greenhorn
    Be sure to check out the Gainesville Offshore Fishing Club -- http://GOFC.US (we have just as many inshore anglers as offshore). It's a great group!

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the GOFC link.
  • HARRYDHARRYD Posts: 237 Deckhand

Non boat owners seldom think about the rigging and boat "fondling" the night before and the cleaning and storing afterwards. I can elate to all the above, other than 7 month prgnant wife. At 71, she is not Sarah.
  • wvinfl12wvinfl12 Posts: 248 Deckhand
    Welcome, glad to have someone new.............you will find that there is a lot of helpful information and good people on here.
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 943 Officer
    Yeah I second the GOFC. I've learned a lot and fished with some great guys/girls from the club. Crystal river sucks this time of year though. Boat traffic is insane.
    Gofc definitely on my to check out list!
    I am heading to crystal river July 14th for a mainly scalloping trip with the family, but was hoping to get a few hours of fishing in. The only problem is, it seems like a hairy boat ride to get to descent red fish areas. Or at least that's what I've heard . A lot of hard bottom. Is it as difficult as advertised or reasonably easy to figure out?