Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Stingwray... Federal and State water red snapper trips

stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 833 Officer
Did three trips had three great group of guys. Two federal trips and one state ended up all three with mixed boxes..bent poles... great for the soul.

IMG_6524_zpskuzrxxme.jpg

Some of June 1st catch

IMG_6520_zpsjkruur8q.jpg

June 2nd pic unloading some of day catch

IMG_6525_zpsft8cyeii.jpg

June 4th state water trip

IMG_6537_zpsk6rgf02f.jpg

IMG_6554_zpsyizi89t1.jpg

The next generation captain of the F/v stingwray inspecting some of the days catch.

IMG_6586_zpsq5gnvesj.jpg

Replies

• Vtec2gsrVtec2gsr Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Nice Fish!!! Guess I'm going to have to book a trip!
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 833 Officer
    Book a trip lol you fish for free on the stingwray.
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,193 Admiral
    That's some fine looking FEESH and a motley looking bunch!

I'm still in disbelief of the 3 day season!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    Nice fish.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,210 Officer
    Looks like a bunch of nice trips to me! That one grouper in the first photo is a really nice sized fish. Won't be long until your "little buddy" will be ready to go out fishing with you. :)

Livin' the Dream !
    LilOrange wrote: »
    Won't be long until your "little buddy" will be ready to go out fishing with you. :)

My litttle man has already logged a fair amount of hours on the water with his mom and dad, not even 2 yrs old yet. It will not be long I will have him on the big waters catching fish. My guess he will out fishing ole capt. Ron soon.
    stingwray wrote: »
    My litttle man has already logged a fair amount of hours on the water with his mom and dad, not even 2 yrs old yet. It will not be long I will have him on the big waters catching fish. My guess he will out fishing ole capt. Ron soon.

That's awesome! Pass it along....

Livin' the Dream !
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 2,114 Captain
    Nicely done as usual!! :thumbsup
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
    Well just finished fueling up and getting rod&reels ready. Going a couple more rounds got to make sure F/v stingwray gets its TAC of red snappers and some grouper for a mixed box of fish.

Sting aka Capt. Ron
    Catch em up
    Looks nice out there this morning and the marina looked packed out!

Catch em up!
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    Split Shot wrote: »
    Looks nice out there this morning and the marina looked packed out!

Cathem up!

I'm sure it'll be a parking lot. I'm still gonna chug a lug on out tomorrow and give it a whirl. We'll see. Wont be anything like last weekend as day trips usually keep me pretty close. Have an extra boat driver going, though... maybe I'll get to wind in a fish or two!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    Short state water trip today 06/09/17 with a mixed box of fish. Couldn't put all fish on board but that has been trend over last week or so., Going another round.
    Well another great trip with another great group of fishermen. It was there first trip on my vessel. A bunch of happy guys at end. Big red snapper by one that was his first trip.
    Greenhorn gets his first snapper
    IMG_6608_zpslxnmssok.jpg

Some of day catch with more fish in cart.

IMG_6613_zpszgjkdzge.jpg
    You guys are killing me! That snap is a Toby!

Let's go fishing!:fishing
  • Bass1972Bass1972 Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    He definitely will be out fishing you soon, Captain Ron, since you said the first grandson gets the magic book full of numbers! With your book and your knowledge he will be the best captain soon!
    Good time fishing and helping out this week with some really good groups of guys aboard F/v Stingwray!
  • BeckBeck Posts: 2,332 Captain
    Some great fish there.....Jealous!
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 2,114 Captain
    :thumbsup
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
    Looking for more pic of what I'm missing!!!
    Sweet! That one snap is a stud!

Livin' the Dream !
    Here is final tally:
    Fished over 30 friends and family during the week, as mother nature was nice enough to let us play on her playgrounds.
    Spent about 30 + hours of fishing on gulf.
    Had well over a couple hundred fish over the rail.
    Boxed over a hundred fish releasing the others to fight another day.
    Another great time on gulf and all my friends have a couple of fresh fish dinner.
    Still have friends waiting in line for a trip, going to get all of em on my vessel this year.
    Going to take weekend off, want to fish solo for a few Large Mouth Bass.
    Will be back on Gulf soon.
    Catch em up
    Bass1972 wrote: »
    He definitely will be out fishing you soon, Captain Ron, since you said the first grandson gets the magic book full of numbers! With your book and your knowledge he will be the best captain soon!

He has already shown me at a early age he has a love for the sea. He loves to play in the gulf waters, wants to jump in the cart with all the fish. Will be happy to pass him my knowledge of the gulf waters. i am sure one day he will make me look like a rookie.
  • FlickerjimFlickerjim Posts: 475 Officer
    Great mixed bag gents!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 21' Palm Beach V6 Yamaha 150
    Tight Lines and Clear Water
    Glad your going to give the PCB fish a rest, lol.

Were did you find that single big sea bass? You sure you were in PCB, :wink?

Well, I'm going back to the big pond this weekend and see what I can find. I'll bring you back some table fare.
    Vtec2gsr wrote: »
    Glad your going to give the PCB fish a rest, lol.

Were did you find that single big sea bass? You sure you were in PCB, :wink?

I have never caught a black sea bass in federal waters in PC, but almost every state water trip i run we catch a beast of a black sea bass. Bigger then most i see in the Big Bend area.
  • addicted2reelinaddicted2reelin Posts: 137 Deckhand
    Dude, stop posting all those pictures of dead red snapper. Next year we will get zero days Fed waters. Why are you bass fishing:huh
    Dude, stop posting all those pictures of dead red snapper. Next year we will get zero days Fed waters. Why are you bass fishing:huh

Well after I started this thread with all dead red snappers. The Federal waters opened back up on weekends. Guess they thought must be plenty of them out there. lol. Wanted to do a solo easy fishing trip for fun. We will be back on gulf after this big blow is over.

Some of the nice water falls on the creek. Very relaxing trip for me
    IMG_6667_zpsl5et2jow.jpg

IMG_6669_zpseh6nqnbo.jpg

A nice cool down swim in the blue hole.
    IMG_3430_zpsloutpog9.jpg
    stingwray wrote: »
    He has already shown me at a early age he has a love for the sea. He loves to play in the gulf waters, wants to jump in the cart with all the fish. Will be happy to pass him my knowledge of the gulf waters. i am sure one day he will make me look like a rookie.

Oh how he does love the salt air and the sea! It will be soon he will be pulling them in and he won't even need our help. He's so fortunate to have you as his Cap and to be able to learn from you and gain the knowledge. We have a lot of fun years ahead of us watching him learn!