Home Off Topic

Here's why we'll never see affordable health care in this country

12346»

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    mustang190 wrote: »
    Tort reform? I notice no one mentions it.

That's because you don't read very carefully. Please see Post 21.
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    SJC wrote: »
    Not reading through all this but if you haven't learned how to play the game by now you are holding the shizz end of the stick.

My son smashed his finger a couple years ago. I bandaged it up and waited a day and it started looking bad so we went to the ER. The lady behind the counter asked for my insurance card and I said I don't have one...I do but F that. A couple hours later we left with his finger nail having to be removed and some antibiotics.

3 weeks later I get a bill. The hospital charged me $1,498. The doctor charged me $234. I waited until I got a collections notice which was about 3 months. I called the hospital told them all I could afford was $350. They took it and forgave the rest of the debt. I called the billing company for the doctor and told them I can only afford $100 and they actually said they can't discount it any less than $150. So I paid it and was free and clear. $1732 down to $500.

Awesome dude... Glad for you and smart... Although I am sure all those on the right will say you are the problem... Your not, this is what one has to do NOW... Soon, there will be a fence around the hospital and Guard gate to screen all incoming people... Easy to walk into an ER, cant get past security... It is coming, 10 years and they will figure it out, if not sooner... Blaming Obamacare for the reason. I think he just wanted to get healthcare for all, that is it... ANd the rich WONT HAVE IT, thus they use their pulpit (repubs) to scream and cry about it. It is OBama's fault... Yea right... It is ALL OF THE THINGS mentioned on so many posts here. The Docs, insurance, biopharm, hospitals, and their ETC>. it is costs are 3 times what they should be, because why ? Because they can get away with it. So what should we do ? Deregulate it all and let them do it even more... Brilliant.
    DoD announced yesterday that the VA will be going to a privatized type of Software because as they put it, it will help vets. That is the SPIN DOCTORS at work... thus, all will be better... NOPE ! i got an insider on this... The VA has Vista (it's own software for a reason) to deal with all the weird things that come along that is so different from stand DoD stuff... There was a reason they have that software. But you will hear that it costs too much money to fund... Nope, of course the numbers you will see and hear are BS.. That is how they suck the public into believing everything should be privatized... to save money with FAKE numbers... THen they just add on at the end, or change in Purchase order and charge the Govt (tax dollars) even more. Just more of the rich getting richer... Amazing how uneducated so many American's are today falling for the garbage coming out of ONE guys mouth that is led by a huge group of billionaires controlling from behind closed doors...
    Be really really happy if you are retired, have a steady income from the hard work you did and that you will expire within 25 years. It is going to be a total disaster in THIS country later... A total mess, who will we blame... ? Won't be the ones that buy their elections, but the ones already retired from the same positions and living as millionaires... Guys like our very own - Corrupt Brian Mast...
    AC Man wrote: »
    The rate for insurance and hospital bills is insane. My son had a hospital bill when he was diagnosed with luekimea at day 53 of 1.8 million dollars. This is way before his bone marrow transplant which was way more. I never asked what that cost was. It was the least thing I was interested in. Something is wrong! He got the best of care though so I'm not complaining. I pay over $1000 per month for my health insurance at 60 years old.

I didn't know either because seldom read here anymore. Really sorry....
    1000.00 a month for Insurance, how in the world could anyone afford that... And why would anyone blame Obama ? Iti s the costs, and those **** the system that are creating the problems. If someone doesnt have insurance, what do we do with them when they get sick ?
    Do we just let cancer patients die ?
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,857 AG
    Welcome back, I missed you eloquent writing style.

Captain Todd Approves

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Tarponator wrote: »
    First off, nothing about single payer "dictates medical care" nor "your lifestyle".

Oddly enough, my mail is still coming, the schools run every day, the last time I had to get a new driver's license it took all of 15 minutes, and the VA is, well, the VA -- an underfunded organization. Whose fault is the under funding again?

And we're still at the bottom of the pack when it comes to healthcare, trailing all of those countries who have chosen to go the single payer route without dictating medical care nor lifestyle.

Let's just cut to the chase.
    If you could wave the magic wand and were in charge what would YOU do to fix the system?????
    And remember, we are a country of 320 million plus. And God knows how many ethnicities who all want special attention.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    I just found out it's cheaper for me to pay cash at a doc in the box to go the the ER and use my insurance.;
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,640 Admiral
    Hambweld wrote: »
    Na, we've moved on. Got 2 jobs in Valdosta, one in colquit, donalsonvile, Augusta, tifton & Macon. Gonna be real busy from July on. Btw, who are you???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Bob Fletcher's draftsman. The structural engineer. I met you at Southside when we were working on phase 2.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,434 Admiral
    Heatwave wrote: »
    1000.00 a month for Insurance, how in the world could anyone afford that... And why would anyone blame Obama ? Iti s the costs, and those **** the system that are creating the problems. If someone doesnt have insurance, what do we do with them when they get sick ?
    Do we just let cancer patients die ?

I provide 100% health care premiums to all employees.none qualify for Oboma Care. They make to much money. We use Blue Cross. It goes up drasticly every year, but what are you gonna do. Let's just say I could afford a much bigger boat if it wasn't for the thousands I pay in health insurance for my crew every month.:grin
    AC Man wrote: »
    I provide 100% health care premiums to all employees.none qualify for Oboma Care. They make to much money. We use Blue Cross. It goes up drasticly every year, but what are you gonna do. Let's just say I could afford a much bigger boat if it wasn't for the thousands I pay in health insurance for my crew every month.:grin

I don't see how you can afford 100% of their insurance it's so expensive these days.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,434 Admiral
    stc1993 wrote: »
    I don't see how you can afford 100% of their insurance it's so expensive these days.

My agent said the same thing. This is our 50th anniversary and we have been doing it since day one. It makes a skinnier bottom line, but keeping good help keeps everyone sane and that is by far the most important thing in the A/C biz.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,295 Captain
    A/C Man, I commend you on your ethics. If all businesses had this mentality this country would be so much better off.
    Gary S wrote: »
    A/C Man, I commend you on your ethics. If all businesses had this mentality this country would be so much better off.

Aint that the truth. The company I work for doesn't offer any insurance. When I started they gave us a 10% bonus every year to buy your own insurance. Now it might cover 3-4 months.