Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Opening Day Success - PC June 1, 2017

Due to a little thing called work (and my need/desire to pay bills), opening day of the 2017 Federal snapper season found me stuck in Tennessee. Had plans to come down today to fish the last day on Saturday. But, it just wasn't in the cards for me this year...........circumstances changed & now I'll be bass fishing on a local lake near Nashville instead. :mad

However, my buddy did get to take the boat out yesterday with a couple of his friends and they had an awesome day! And, since everyone loves to see fish pictures, I figured I'd post some of the photos from their catch for y'all to enjoy.

A three man limit of nice snapper, a pile of huge mingos, a few monster size extinct triggers, some nice porgy, a dolphin & even a lionfish. They also caught about a 40-lb AJ & a huge King that cut the line right at the boat. He said they probably threw back 30 snapper.......found them at almost every spot. They had a great day & the seas were slick!

I'd be remiss if I didn't give a big shout out to Capt. Conan for all of his advice & tips.

Hope everyone else that got to go out the last couple of days had some good luck......post some pix!

Livin' the Dream !

Replies