Home Off Topic

217 MPH on public hwy

GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,785 Admiral
Beep-Beep
“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”

Replies

• GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,903 Admin
    I'm going to bet he missed the next curve since it's the wrong direction.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • squidvicioussquidvicious Posts: 529 Officer
    that's fast !!

I've seen 174mph,on my old Suzuki GSXR1000,that was 2002
    up the garden state way,late nite,few of us had rice rockets back then - we would take late nite rides
    can we please stop using the word ISSUE ? it's a PROBLEM
    :wink
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    that's fast !!

I've seen 174mph,on my old Suzuki GSXR1000,that was 2002
    up the garden state way,late nite,few of us had rice rockets back then - we would take late nite rides

Unless you had a GPS strapped to your helmet, you really don't know how fast you were going due to speedometer error. Likely a lot slower.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    Fastest I ever went was 157....on the Veterans Expressway outside Tampa not long after the opened the northern end.

I was scared.

I can't even imagine doing that on a motorcycle.
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,351 Admiral
    Only about 6 mph at that speed. Living in Florida busy area I never had anything except country roads. 155 mph on my ZX 12. Driveways entering the road kept you in check. Track days at most tracks are far from top speed. I would have liked to join the 200 mph club just once legally.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    1969, West Kentucky Parkway, 1968 Ford Torino GT, no idea how fast, speedometer pegged @ 135.
    Vote for the other candidate
    Tarponator wrote: »
    Fastest I ever went was 157....on the Veterans Expressway outside Tampa not long after the opened the northern end.

I was scared.

I can't even imagine doing that on a motorcycle.

What were you driving? I can tell you that unless you are in a race/performance car over 100mph is scary. No control floating on poor suspension. A sport bike is designed to go 200 mph comfortably. Maybe not mentally but mechanically. A sport bike is rock solid at speed.
    AC Man wrote: »
    Only about 6 mph at that speed. Living in Florida busy area I never had anything except country roads. 155 mph on my ZX 12. Driveways entering the road kept you in check. Track days at most tracks are far from top speed. I would have liked to join the 200 mph club just once legally.

when I bought my GSXR,the dealership had a new ZX12 - I recall the analog speedo read up to 240 - that bike was awesome

owner of the dealership was telling me about it

dealership was a sponsor of mine,when I raced motocross

sportbikes ARE rock solid @ high speeds
    fast as they get there,they stop just as well

what you're buying,as far as sport bikes are concerned,are bikes that were designed for track racing - street versions are about 2 years behind the race bikes

that speed,174mph,there were 3 of us,honda CBR 929RRm,GSXR 750,and my GSXR 1000
    there's videos on line,europe,big bore sport bikes,racing the bullet train - bullet train runs 200mph+
    bikes were beating the train
    Hey Squid, What years did you race moto x and what did you ride? I raced out of a Maico shop 500 class my brother on a 250 Kawasaki. He was sponsored as well. Circa 70's early 80's. Great times!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,645 AG
    I didn't see a motorcycle in the video :huh That car was fast!
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,021 Admiral
    I think that car was doing a Monster promo. The fastest I've been in a car on a public was 168 and she still had legs. That's enough for me
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,179 Captain
    About 20 years ago in my Ford Expedition that I had during high school me and a buddy would set the cruise control at 60 and ride out from the roof for miles. I can't imagine what the on-coming traffic was thinking. We'd both crawl out of our windows Dukes of Hazzard style. Idiots we were!
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    About 20 years ago in my Ford Expedition that I had during high school me and a buddy would set the cruise control at 60 and ride out from the roof for miles. I can't imagine what the on-coming traffic was thinking. We'd both crawl out of our windows Dukes of Hazzard style. Idiots we were!

Who was steering?
    AC Man wrote: »
    Hey Squid, What years did you race moto x and what did you ride? I raced out of a Maico shop 500 class my brother on a 250 Kawasaki. He was sponsored as well. Circa 70's early 80's. Great times!

raced 125 and 250 "B" class raced from 1980,before graduating high school in '82,deployed for 6yrs,picked it up again,gave up around '98/'99 I rode Kawasaki - had sport bikes, Honda intercepter,zx7 kwack,GSXR 750,GSXR 1000

gave up the sport bikes about 10yrs ago - it was time

I recall,when I was a kid,the maico bikes - always wanted one
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    Lol statue of limitations has passed, so I'll say my best time from cocoa beach to largo was 74minutes. In a car. Paid all the tolls too.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,466 Admiral
    Lol statue of limitations has passed, so I'll say my best time from cocoa beach to largo was 74minutes. In a car. Paid all the tolls too.
    I did do 125 in an older caddy crossing the causeway to Largo trying NOT to be late to a track meet about 45 years ago. No tolls then-- that I knew of. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk