Home Off Topic

Scott Dixon crash at Indy

GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,904 Admin
[video=youtube_share;0QmrF5p9hEI]
The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz

Replies

• King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,555 Admiral
    I'm amazed that they(most of them) walk away from a wreck like that.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    Carbon fiber everywhere.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    I've seen worse on I95 coming out of Washington D.C. on the start of a 3 day weekend.
    And 285 loop around Atlanta has some real doozies too.
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,922 Admiral
    Totally amazed that he didn't bust something up on that landing. Those cars are built very well!
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,819 Admiral
    stop at the 1:16 mark.

You can see that when the car landed on the wall it was only a few inches from the top of the open cockpit.

If he had landed on his head then you can imagine the outcome. Kinda like having a loose wheel bounce off your head at 100MPH. That happened a few years ago.

The open cockpit should have gone out the same time racing with no brakes went out. Yeah, can you imagine that. No brakes on those old cars that would reach speeds well over 100MPH. No seat belts either but then you probably had a better chance of survival is you were thrown free.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    It's called racing!
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,380 Admiral
    Did you see his interview after the accident? He was all smiles talking about what a great car they had and what a shame. Can't wait for next week. **** he didn't even talk about the near death accident. The announcer said that's what separates a racer from the rest of us. I raced dirt bikes my son races entry level cars. Let me tell You, I can't imagine how you walk away from that and not be freaked out!!!
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,136 Admiral
    that'll buff out
  • GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,904 Admin
    AC Man wrote: »
    Did you see his interview after the accident? He was all smiles talking about what a great car they had and what a shame. Can't wait for next week. **** he didn't even talk about the near death accident. The announcer said that's what separates a racer from the rest of us. I raced dirt bikes my son races entry level cars. Let me tell You, I can't imagine how you walk away from that and not be freaked out!!!
    E ticket ride.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
  • team getterdunteam getterdun Posts: 1,741 Captain
    Very close to being a similar impact that took Greg Moore's life at California. Scary, yet amazing, accident.
    "Fundamentals are nothing but a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,819 Admiral
    ferris1248 wrote: »
    If they acknowledge the fact that they can die, the career is over. You can't do what they do thinking about dying.

probably hard to think about anything except driving when you're going over 200 MPH

80 is enough to get most of my attention
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • TampaTarpon5TampaTarpon5 Posts: 808 Officer
    What does Pink Floyd, Princess Dianna and Dale Earnhardt have in common?

Their last big hit was The Wall
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    :Spittingcoffee