Home Off Topic

Alphabet and/or National Anthem backwards?

conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,355 Admiral
Can anyone recite the alphabet or the National anthem backwards? I cannot do it sober, much less intoxicated unless I had a note pad to write down the letters or words and read them back. I didn't know that this was a new test for DUI.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Replies

• PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,464 AG
    Im not about to even try to hurt my brain like that after this weekend.
  • tankardtankard Posts: 7,031 Admiral
    It's not, and never has been in the field sobriety test.
  • GRSCGRSC Posts: 942 Officer
    conchydong wrote: »
    Can anyone recite the alphabet or the National anthem backwards? I cannot do it sober, much less intoxicated unless I had a note pad to write down the letters or words and read them back. I didn't know that this was a new test for DUI.

Sure can... just turn around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,649 Admiral
    GRSC wrote: »

Was that when the officer decided to use the stun gun?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,351 AG
    I can do the alphabet. Learned it once as a young man for a bet. Not as quick as I once was, but I can still do it with a little practice. The National Anthem would be hard. I also memorized Lincoln's Gettysburg Address for school once, I can't recite it anymore though. Could for years, then forgot most of it.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• GrizGriz Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaPosts: 9,905 Admin
    GRSC wrote: »

:rotflmao
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

:Griz
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    , When told that he would have to recite the alphabet backward, Woods confirmed that he understood the directions, saying, “Yes, recite the entire national anthem backwards.”

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/sports/tiger-woods-arrest-report-530170
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    Hmmm. The actual report says "Romberg Alphabet", which is very much not backwards.

http://thesmokinggun.com/file/tiger-woods-dui?page=1

It appears as if the author of that article made a mistake.

So did Tiger when he misheard the question, apparently.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,043 AG
    Well shoot, that's easy.

In some places they make you stand on your head and do one handed push ups while reciting the alphabet backwards ... in German.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”