How do you fish a "Flair Hawk" jig?

I am going to be spending a week early in June down in the area and after reading so much about these jigs I was thinking of trying a "Flair Hawk" in Captiva Pass or Boca Grande Pass. So I have never used a "Flair Hawk" jig for snook before, a plain old white bucktail yes, but not a "Flair Hawk". What is your most reliable or go to color combination? If you had to pick just your top color(s). And what weight? And how do you fish it? Bounce off the bottom? Drag on the bottom? Cast up current and bring it back to you? Cast the clock (fan pattern 9 then 3, 10 then 2, 11 then 1, 12)?

Where is best? I read that these are great in the passes but... In the deeper troughs that tend to occur at the northern or southern edges of the passes and wrap to the beach?

Thanks ahead of time.

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 11,064 AG
    White & red fished bouncing off the bottom. Fished up current or across current. Weight depends on tide and location.
  • NoreastSalt3295NoreastSalt3295 Posts: 536 Officer
    Chartreuse/blue has produced best for me. I just throw it out (up current), wait til it hits bottom and then do a sloow steady retrieve, should bounce off bottom every few cranks.