Home Off Topic

Place of worship?

dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,247 Admiral
Church turns out to be sex club

. A “church” in Tennessee, though, has taken togetherness to a whole new level. Nashville authorities say a building registered as a church has actually been hosting late-night swingers parties, where lewd acts have been taking place,

http://headlinesnetwork.com/article/www.sunherald.com/b4ece0f2f6d39bd517086175abbefe81/oddity/slideshow/church-turns-sex-club/

Replies

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,040 AG
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,353 Admiral
    So what is your point here? Atheists, Satanists and every other ist have places of worship. Just because you go to a house of worship, means you worship the one, true, and living God, big G? There is only One and there is no other.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,496 Admiral
    Spineyman wrote: »
    So what is your point here? Atheists, Satanists and every other ist have places of worship. Just because you go to a house of worship, means you worship the one, true, and living God, big G? There is only One and there is no other.
    Prove it!
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG

Except there are all sorts of gods and they are all in equal standing under the law, thanks be to the Tooth Fairy in Her eternal wisdom.
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,247 Admiral
    Prove it!

Seen any ice giants lately

Odin is the true god
    Odin was much too righteous.

I always preferred Loki.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral
    Finally! church is fun to attend now!
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,496 Admiral

There is nothing for you here. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with religion in general or specifically, Christianity. Its about misrepresentation to avoid taxes or zoning...probably both. The only reason it made the news was because of the sex...sex sells. For some reason you are compelled to ask..."What is the point" as if it was a personal attack.
    I suspect your beginning to question your own theistic integrity. You should probably have a talk with your Pastor and make sure your mind is right.....God has plans for you my friend and I'm not sure you're ready....spiritually...I think you know what I'm talking about.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,453 Admiral