Home General Fishing

Tips for the Traveling Angler

VikingViking Posts: 153 Deckhand
It is the season for summer vacations or maybe you have a business trip coming up. This video shares some ideas on how to plan and what equipment to bring to enjoy some fishing at your destination.

Replies

• SizuperSizuper Posts: 293 Deckhand
    Not complaining because it's no skin off my nose but dang there's a lot of solicitations on the forums lately.
  • VikingViking Posts: 153 Deckhand
    Sizuper wrote: »
    Not complaining because it's no skin off my nose but dang there's a lot of solicitations on the forums lately.
    Help me out by what you mean by solicitations. I am not paid by anyone, I just like to fish and make videos. All equipment in the videos was paid for by my own money. In some of my other videos I have mentioned local restaurants or bait shops but again I received nothing from them. I put this information in the videos because it is the type of information I would like if I was traveling to these locations.

Thanks again for your input, I am always looking for ways to improve my videos.
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    I always seem to like your videos & thanks for your effort. (please continue)
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • SizuperSizuper Posts: 293 Deckhand
    Viking wrote: »
    Help me out by what you mean by solicitations. I am not paid by anyone, I just like to fish and make videos. All equipment in the videos was paid for by my own money. In some of my other videos I have mentioned local restaurants or bait shops but again I received nothing from them. I put this information in the videos because it is the type of information I would like if I was traveling to these locations.

Thanks again for your input, I am always looking for ways to improve my videos.

Nothing personal meant at all. My apologies if it came across that way. Heck, the comment wasn't even specifically aimed at your video - it just happened to be the one I clicked on when it occurred to me. That's why I put the disclaimer that I'm not complaining. I like to watch fishing videos. Heck I like to make them and might even post some here someday if I feel they're appropriate. It's just striking how many of them have started to hit the forum. And they are all monetized through clicks and subscriptions, unless the page owners haven't initiated the ad revenue function. Hence the word "solicitation". It wasn't meant in a negative light, just descriptive.

And again, don't get me wrong, I think this is a proper forum to post these because it adds to the content of the site, as long as it doesn't permanently divert traffic to YouTube. Which I don't think it will. And I think most folks like it and like the videos.

It just struck me about the high influx recently. And many of them *are* trolling for dollars, but again I don't think it hurts this site. Those that aren't any good will dry up anyway, and those that are good will probably benefit this site for the traffic that will come here to see more.

So, all's good. Sorry if it came across as accusational. Didn't mean it that way.